The Entrepreneurship certificate is a robust program that provides a well-rounded approach for any student interested in entrepreneurship. Each course is designed to provide the necessary background for a student to become an entrepreneur. The courses provide a relevant and sequential learning process for a student to conceptualize and develop a business plan for their proposed business.
By completing this certificate, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills involved with various aspects of business ownership.
- Investigate state and federal regulatory requirements for specific industries.
- Effectively evaluate ethical decision making that involves financial statements and analyze the feasibility of an entrepreneurial idea.
- Produce and communicate a developed business plan of your ideal business venture.
- Develop and produce an effective marketing plan that addresses our diverse society.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits must be completed at ARCC. (for a certificate program)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C or higher must be earned in all “program requirements.”
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program; many courses are offered in the evening.
BUS 1101 Introduction to Business 3
BUS 1105 OR
Individual/Corporate Tax OR
Decision Making with Excel
3 BUS 2142 Principles of Marketing 4 BUS 2215 Legal Environment of Business 3 Bus 2250 Entrepreneurship 3
Start your degree with a certificate.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Brick-and-mortar business
- Online business
- International business
Program Requirements 10 Total 10
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.