Integrative Health and Wellness Coaching
The Integrative Health and Wellness Coaching certificate program is designed to prepare students to practice client-centered, “whole-person” coaching in a variety of settings. The courses in the program include theory, lab, and clinical education opportunities in both integrative health and wellness and coaching. Course content also facilitates a thorough understanding of integrative health and wellness, as well as evidence-based processes for sustainable behavior/lifestyle change, within an increasingly diverse world. Throughout the program, students will be exposed to a variety of content that provides a holistic and practice-based approach to integrative health and wellness coaching. In addition to preparing students for career success in the diverse and growing health and wellness industries, the program is designed to meet requirements for professional certification in health and wellness coaching.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Evaluate the fundamental principles of integrative health and healing, trends in holistic health and wellness, and the complexities of this advancing field;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interconnectedness of mind, body, and spirit of the human system and its application in the integrative health and wellness coaching setting;
- Integrate an advanced depth of understanding of the diverse psychosocial, cultural, environmental, and global factors of the human experience as they apply to health and wellness coaching;
- Evaluate the role of healing strategies for self-care (including their application within health and wellness coaching), as well as strategies within the healthcare system;
- Synthesize the coaching structure and process for tailored application to each client relationship;
- Apply key coaching psychology theories including Motivational Interviewing, to facilitate client positivity, empowerment, self-efficacy, and self-determination;
- Identify the growing body of scientific literature to support the efficacy of Integrative Health and Healing, as well as Integrative Health and Wellness Coaching;
- Describe ethical responsibilities in the practice of holistic healing; integrate the health and wellness coaching scope of practice, legal,
and ethical considerations into the coaching practice;
- Demonstrate proficiency in health and wellness coaching through the synthesis of the foundational and advanced skills, theory, lab, and clinical educational content; and
- Describe holistic healing philosophies and healing concepts with consideration to the social, cultural, environmental, and global perspectives of healing.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All course requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online at AnokaRamsey.edu/resources/forms/ under Records and Registration. Alternative formats of the form are available at the Records and Registration Office per request.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
IHH 1100 Introduction to Holistic Healing 2 IHH 1103 Movement and Body Manipulation Therapies 3 IHH 2101 Mind/Body Connections 3 IHH 2102 Food as Medicine/Biologically Based Therapies 3 IHH 2103 Spirituality and Healing 3 IHH 2104 Health and Wellness Coaching Skills 2 IHH 2105 Basics in Business and Ethics for the Holistic Practitioner 3 IHH2204* Advanced Coaching Skills for a Diverse World 3 IHH 2297^ Internship 3
IHH 1120 Wellness for Life 4
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program.
HPER 1120 4 IHH 2101 3 IHH 1100 3 IHH 2103 3 IHH 1103 3 IHH 2105 3 IHH 2102 3 IHH 2204 3 IHH 2104 3 IHH 2297 3 TOTAL 15 TOTAL 15
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Health and Wellness Coach
- Holistic Health Practitioner
- Holistic Health Educator/Writer/Speaker
- Holistic wellness center owner or employee
- Uncertified Wellness Coach
- Lifestyle Coach/Consultant
- Hospital Health Coach
- Day Spa Assistant/Coordinator
- Holistic Retreat Assistant/Coordinator
- Health Food Store Manager
- Health Food Customer Service Representative
- Herbal/Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Worker
- Animals Holistic Care
- Relaxation/Pain-relief Service Worker
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner/Acupuncturist
- Massage Therapist
- Meditation Specialist
- Yoga Instructor