Military Certification Request Form
Veterans, active duty servicemembers, reservists, and their families are an extremely important part of Anoka-Ramsey's mission. We invite you to take advantage of the personal service we offer on our campuses by scheduling a meeting with our Veteran Services staff.
To set an appointment with our Veteran Services Staff, please contact: (763) 433-1230
Veteran Services Staff
Veterans Academic Advisor: A fulltime, former military servicemember tasked with assisting veteran/military/benefit-receiving-family-members with any needs that may arise, including:
- Pre-admission questions
- Veteran Benefits (Federal and State Veteran Affairs)
- Federal Tuition Assistance (Department of Defense)
- Course Registration
- Academic Advising
- Transfer Advising
- Call-to-Active Duty Assistance
- any other questions you may encounter
Certifying Officials: Staff members in the Records and Registration office that submit veteran services affiliated students’ class information to the federal VA for certification.
- Documents needed for school records
- Copy of DD-214 or DD-215 (Discharge Documentation)
- VA Certificate of Eligibility (Approved Benefit Documentation)
- Each semester Federal Benefit receiving students must submit a Military Certification Request Form to have benefits certified by ARCC
Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs Regional Education Coordinators: Employees of the Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs (MDVA) assigned to college campuses across Minnesota to assist students with initiating veterans benefits the students may be authorized to receive.
MDVA staff visits both the Coon Rapids and Cambridge Campuses.
Coon Rapids Campus: Thursdays
Cambridge Campus: Every other Monday
Please contact Charles Egerstrom at 651-336-2371 for more details.
38 U.S.C. 3679 (e) — Veterans with valid Certificates of Eligibility will be allowed to attend and not be given penalties in the case of VA not being able to make timely payment to the school.