The Rapids Review
SUBMISSION WINDOW: NOW- MARCH 7, 2021
The Creative Writing Club invites Anoka-Ramsey Community College Coon Rapids Campus students to submit creative work for publication consideration in the annual issue of our literary magazine, The Rapids Review.
The Rapids Review is the Coon Rapids Campus student literary magazine. It is dedicated to publishing a wide range of excellently crafted work by student writers and artists of any age, gender, ethnicity, and demographic. The Rapids Review is seeking submissions of fiction, poetry, stage writing, screenwriting, creative nonfiction, photography, and visual art from ARCC Coon Rapids Campus students for the annual spring issue.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES for WRITTEN WORKS
• Fiction and creative nonfiction submissions should not exceed 2,500 words. Submissions should be double-spaced in Arial 12-point font.
• Poetry submissions should not exceed 75 lines. Poems should be single-spaced and left aligned (no centered poems) in Arial 12-point font. Exceptions will be made if there is an artistic reason for the poem’s formatting
• Stage writing and screenwriting submissions should not exceed 10 double-spaced pages of script.
• Written works must be submitted as attached Microsoft Word document files.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES for VISUAL WORKS
• Visual artwork must be submitted as attached JPEG files.
Email submissions to email@example.com and include:
• "RR Submission" as the subject line
• The name of the writer/artist
• Title of each work/piece
• Category of each work/piece (short story, play, painting, sculpture, etc.)
• Writer or artist names as document headings (no page numbers required)
Writers and artists may submit a total of five works/pieces. (Poems in a series may be considered one piece if submitted as one file of 75-lines or less.)
*All works/pieces submitted must be the work/piece of, and under the sole ownership of, the person or persons submitting such work/piece.*
*The Editorial Board reserves the right to make final selection decisions. The Editorial Board also reserves the right to make formatting changes such as line spacing and font to create a cohesive magazine, unless requested otherwise to maintain creative and artistic integrity.*
Check out our most recent editions from 2018, 2019, and 2020