The Department of Public Safety and Security is a professional, proactive safety and security resource for the Anoka-Ramsey Community College community. Our duty is to support Anoka-Ramsey’s mission, goals, and core values by securing, monitoring, enforcing and providing administrative and environmental health and safety resources to the college while offering visibility to the community, coordination of safety related activities and training for all Anoka-Ramsey constituents, and acting as a liaison with local emergency services. We are committed to individuals, traditions, and diversity on our campus and will work to create a safe environment where all can live, work, and pursue academic success.
Public Safety & Security
- Provide a safe environment for all ARCC students, staff, faculty, alumni, and guests
- Provide campus safety, security, and emergency training
- Improve availability of security technology resources
- Accurately document all public safety and security related reports for the ARCC community
- Maintain a positive and active relationship with local, state, federal, and other outside agencies
All enrolled students and employees at Anoka-Ramsey are automatically registered to receive Star Alert notifications. Star Alert sends emails, text messages and phone calls during campus-related emergencies, including weather-related delays and closures.
Students and Employees: Update Star Alert preferences NOTE: When accessing the site for the first time, use "Sign Me Up" link to complete.
Parents, family, friends of the college and members of the community may also register to receive Star Alerts.
Parents and Friends of the College: Register for Star Alerts
Official emergency and weather alerts will also be shared:
ON THE RADIO: WCCO Radio (830 AM)
ONLINE: The college home page www.anokaramsey.edu
OVER THE PHONE: A recorded message will be available at 763-433-1100
Anoka-Ramsey Community College’s Emergency Operations Plan complies with AFSCME and MAPE contractual agreements. The Emergency Response Plan is a resource manual that outlines Anoka-Ramsey Community College’s policies and procedures in the event of an emergency including fire, weather or safety hazards. The Emergency Response Plan is available online and is reviewed and updated annually.
To retrieve a lost item, visit:
- Cambridge Campus Rm D108
- Coon Rapids Campus Rm C107
Vehicle Jump Starts for Students/Employees
The Coon Rapids Campus offers a free vehicle-starting service to students. There is a $20 fee for college employees (normally a $45 fee). For service, call Highway 10 Mobil Station at 763-757-6789
- Give your first name, location of your vehicle, and the vehicles description to the attendant
- You are required to show your student ID/employee ID to the service company
- There is no vehicle starting service at the Cambridge Campus
- The Coon Rapids police department provides a vehicle unlock service by calling 911. There is a $20 charge for this service.
- Provide the dispatcher with the location of your vehicle, including which lot your vehicle is in. The dispatcher may also request your vehicle information, such as the make, model, and color.
- You will need to stay with your vehicle until an officer arrives. They will not service your vehicle if you are not present.
The Public Safety Department provides an escort service to/from your vehicle before 9:50 pm.
Cambridge Campus 763-433-1840
Coon Rapids Campus 763-433-1240
- Give your first name to the officer
- Tell the attendant where you are calling from and the phone number
- A security officer will meet you at your location and escort you to your destination
Escort services will be provided as other safety and security duties permit.
Traveling by Foot
- Walk on well-lit routes during dark hours
- Have your keys in hand and be ready to open a locked door
- Request an escort to your vehicle
- When possible, provide your return time and route to someone you know and trust
- Avoid walking alone at night
- Refrain from taking shortcuts; walk where there is plenty of light and traffic
Protect Your Automobile
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle
- Avoid leaving property in your vehicle where it is visible
- Close your windows and lock your doors every time you leave your car
- When getting into a parked vehicle, check your back seat and floors for uninvited passengers
- Park in plain sight as visibility is the key to safety – leave your vehicle in a well lit populated area
Protect Your Property
- Secure your keys at all times
- Personal property - (purses, laptops, backpacks, calculators, etc) should never be left unattended
- Secure valuables in a locked cabinet or drawer.
- Always lock your bike. There are several good anti-theft devices available. Case hardened heavy locks and chains afford the best protection
- Make sure that your office is locked when you leave. Do not rely on anyone else to do it for you
- Report any loss or theft of keys, equipment, or valuables immediately to Public Safety
Sound environmental practices in accordance with regulatory agency requirements are emphasized on both campuses and administered by the Anoka-Ramsey Community College Public Safety Office.
National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit/Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan):Permit 2013-2018
Contacts & Locations
In an Emergency
Coon Rapids Campus
Public Safety Office
Coon Rapids Office