The safety of our students, employees and visitors is of the utmost importance. Anoka-Ramsey goes to great lengths to maintain a secure facility and offer public safety services for all who enter our campuses.
Public Safety & Security
To receive college closing or emergency communications:
The quickest way to receive emergency messages by text, email or voicemail is to sign up for STAR ALERTS.
WCCO: Refer to WCCO Radio (830 AM)
WEB SITE: Refer to the college home page www.AnokaRamsey.edu
PHONE: A recorded message will be available at 763-433-1100
Anoka-Ramsey Community College’s Emergency Response Plan (ERP) complies with AFSCME and MAPE contractual agreements. The Emergency Response Plan is a resource manual that outlines Anoka-Ramsey Community College’s policies and procedures in the event of an emergency including fire, weather or safety hazards. The Emergency Response Plan is available online and is reviewed and updated annually.
To retrieve a lost item, visit:
- Cambridge Campus Rm D108
- Coon Rapids Campus Rm C107
Vehicle Jump Starts for Students/Employees
The Coon Rapids Campus offers a free vehicle-starting service to students. There is a $20 fee for college employees (normally a $45 fee). For service, call Highway 10 Mobil Station at 763-757-6789
- Give your first name, location of your vehicle, and the vehicles description to the attendant
- You are required to show your student ID/employee ID to the service company
- There is no vehicle starting service at the Cambridge Campus
- The Coon Rapids police department provides a vehicle unlock service by calling 911. There is a $20 charge for this service.
- Provide the dispatcher with the location of your vehicle, including which lot your vehicle is in. The dispatcher may also request your vehicle information, such as the make, model, and color.
- You will need to stay with your vehicle until an officer arrives. They will not service your vehicle if you are not present.
The Public Safety Department provides an escort service to/from your vehicle before 9:50 pm.
Cambridge Campus 763-433-1840
Coon Rapids Campus 763-433-1240
- Give your first name to the officer
- Tell the attendant where you are calling from and the phone number
- A security officer will meet you at your location and escort you to your destination
Escort services will be provided as other safety and security duties permit.
Traveling by Foot
- Walk on well-lit routes during dark hours
- Have your keys in hand and be ready to open a locked door
- Request an escort to your vehicle
- When possible, provide your return time and route to someone you know and trust
- Avoid walking alone at night
- Refrain from taking shortcuts; walk where there is plenty of light and traffic
Protect Your Automobile
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle
- Avoid leaving property in your vehicle where it is visible
- Close your windows and lock your doors every time you leave your car
- When getting into a parked vehicle, check your back seat and floors for uninvited passengers
- Park in plain sight as visibility is the key to safety – leave your vehicle in a well lit populated area
Protect Your Property
- Secure your keys at all times
- Personal property - (purses, laptops, backpacks, calculators, etc) should never be left unattended
- Secure valuables in a locked cabinet or drawer.
- Always lock your bike. There are several good anti-theft devices available. Case hardened heavy locks and chains afford the best protection
- Make sure that your office is locked when you leave. Do not rely on anyone else to do it for you
- Report any loss or theft of keys, equipment, or valuables immediately to Public Safety
Sound environmental practices in accordance with regulatory agency requirements are emphasized on both campuses and administered by the Anoka-Ramsey Community College Public Safety Office.
National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit/Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan):Permit 2013-2018
Contacts & Locations
In an Emergency
Coon Rapids Campus
Public Safety Office
Coon Rapids Office