Small Business Accounting
Business Certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. Many courses may apply toward an Associate of Science (AS) degree and/or an Associate of Applied Science (ASS) degree in Accounting or Business. For additional information, visit our website at anokaramsey.edu.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
Prepare journal entries and financial statements.
Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems.
Appropriately use technology to solve business problems.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- All accounting and computer courses should be completed within the last seven years in order to transfer into this program.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- To complete your program, please submit the appropriate application found here.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1134* Computerized Accounting 2 BUS 1135* Payroll Accounting 2 BUS 1143 Decision Making Using Excel 3 BUS 2125 Financial Accounting 4 BUS 2215 Legal Environment of Business 3
Fall Semester Spring Semester BUS 1112 3 BUS 1134* 2 BUS 2125 4 BUS 1135* 2 BUS 2215 3 BUS 1143 3 TOTAL 10 TOTAL 7
*Offered Spring Semester only
Start your degree with a certificate.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Manager
- Accounting Associate
- Project Assistant
- Small Business Underwriter
- Small Business Controller
- Deputy Recorder
- Investment Operation Associate
- Associate Financial Aid Analyst
- Cash Receipting Specialist
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Staff Accountant
- Data Analyst
- Administrative Assistant
- Business Analyst
Program Requirements 17 Total 17
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.