Integrative Health and Healing Certificate
The emerging field of Integrative Health and Healing (IHH) has captured the interest of healthcare providers, practitioners and consumers. This program is designed for students, practitioners and learners seeking to understand the exciting, new field of Integrative Health and Healing. Ideal candidates for the certificate program will have previously earned a degree in healthcare. This certificate program is intended to enhance current skills and abilities used in a healthcare setting.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Evaluate the fundamental principles of integrative health and healing, trends in holistic health, and the complexities of this emerging field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interconnectedness of mind, body and spirit of the human system.
- Describe holistic healing philosophies and healing through social, cultural, environmental and global perspectives of healing.
- Evaluate the role of healing strategies for self-care as well as strategies in the healthcare system.
- Describe ethical responsibilities in the practice of holistic healing.
- Identify current scientific literature to support the emerging field of Integrative Health and Healing.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at Anoka-Ramsey Community College.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All course requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- To complete your program, please submit the appropriate application found here.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
IHH 1100* Introduction to Holistic Healing 2 IHH 1102 Energy Healing 3 IHH 1103 Movement and Body Manipulation Therapies 3 IHH 2100 Holistic Healing Systems 3 IHH 2101 Mind/Body Connections 3 IHH 2102 Food as Medicine/Biologically Based Therapies 3 IHH 2103 Spirituality and Healing 3 IHH 2104 Health and Wellness Coaching Skills 2 IHH 2105** Basics in Business and Ethics for the Holistic Practitioner 3 IHH 2297^ Internship (Optional) 3
Choose one of the following: HCCC 1000 Introduction to Health Care Careers 3 IHH 1110 Aromatherapy 2 IHH 2106** Introduction to Qigong 3 IHH 2107** Healing Touch 3 Select any HPER course 1-3
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program; many courses are offered in the evening.
IHH 1100 3 IHH 2101 3 IHH 1102 3 IHH 2102 3 IHH 1103 3 IHH 2103 3 TOTAL 9 TOTAL 9
Elective 3 IHH 2297 (Optional) 3 IHH 2100 3 IHH 2104 2 IHH 2105 3 TOTAL 11 TOTAL 3
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Holistic Health Practitioner
- Holistic Health Educator/Writer/Speaker
- Holistic wellness center owner or employee
- Uncertified Wellness Coach
- Lifestyle Coach/Consultant
- Hospital Health Coach
- Day Spa Assistant/Coordinator
- Holistic Retreat Assistant/Coordinator
- Health Food Store Manager
- Health Food Customer Service Representative
- Herbal/Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Worker
- Animals Holistic Care
- Relaxation/Pain-relief Service Worker
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner/Acupuncturist
- Massage Therapist
- Meditation Specialist
- Yoga Instructor
Program Requirements 26 Program Electives 3 Total 29
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.