Business certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. The Administrative Specialist certificate program is earned after completing 18 credits. Many courses may apply toward Associate of Science (AS) and Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees. For additional information about our business programs, please schedule a meeting with an academic advisor.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Apply office and business procedures to effectively manage an office environment, employees, and systems
- Use appropriate technology to accurately and efficiently prepare business documents.
- Express ideas, information, proposals, and reactions clearly and professionally in written and spoken form.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All computer courses must be completed within the last four years. Students may petition to extend the window beyond the four years.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
BUS 1103 Human Relations in the Workplace 3 BUS 1104 Written Business Communication 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1154+ Advanced Keyboarding 3 BUS 1155++ Word Processing Using Microsoft Word 3 BUS 1174 Office Systems 3
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program; many courses are offered in the evening.
Fall Semester Spring Semester BUS 1103
OR BUS 1174+
3 BUS 1154++ 3 BUS 1104 3 BUS 1155 3 BUS 1112 3 TOTAL 9 TOTAL 6
Fall Semester BUS 1103 OR BUS 1174* TOTAL 3
Start your degree with a certificate.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Business and Finance
- Bill and Account Collector
- Financial Clerk (bookkeeping, accounting, accounting)
- Government and Local Services
- Postal Service Worker
- Cargo and Freight Agent
- Courier and Messenger
- Facilities Manager Information Clerk
- Workplace Support
- Desktop Publisher
- General Office Clerk
- Medical Coding
- Receptionist, Administrative Assistant
- Business and Finance
Program Requirements 18 Total 18
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.