Business Computer Applications
Develop business skills by completing the technology-focused Business Computer Applications certificate. This certificate focuses on the use of office technology programs to present business communications and analysis. Students receive training in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation graphics and additional technology applications used inside and outside of today’s business offices. All Business Computer Applications certificate courses may be applied to the Business: Workplace and Technology Emphasis AAS degree. This certificate’s courses may also apply to other Business certificates and degrees.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
Apply critical thinking skills in the identification, analysis, resolution, and assessment of business problems; and
Apply appropriate information technology in the business environment.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All program requirements must be completed at ARCC.
- All computer courses must be completed within the last four years. Students may petition to extend the window beyond the four years.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- To complete your program, please submit the appropriate application found here.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
Complete at least 16 credits from the following courses BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1115 Internet Essentials 1 BUS 1119 Database Management using Microsoft Access 3 BUS 1124 PowerPoint and Web Conferencing 3 BUS 1143 Decision Making using Excel 3 BUS 1155 Word Processing using Microsoft Word 3 BUS 1180 Developing Web Pages 3
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program.
Fall Semester Spring Semester
Students should take a minimum of 7 credits.
BUS 1112 3 BUS 1115 1 BUS 1119* 3 BUS 1143 3 BUS 1124* BUS 1155** 3 BUS 1180 3 TOTAL 9 TOTAL 7
Start your degree with a certificate.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Representative
- Accounting Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Bank Manager
- Claims Adjuster
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Employment and Placement Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Product Analyst
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager
Program Requirements 16 Total 16
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.