Network Support and Administration
Computer Networking certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. Many courses may apply toward the Associate of Science (AS) degree in Computer Networking.
Due to the dynamic nature of the computer networking industry, students are not able to sell back CNET course materials to the bookstore.
To receive this certificate, submit a Certificate Application to the Records and Registration Office.
Applications are available in Academic Advising Services, or the Records and Registration Offices on either campus.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Design and develop secure voice, video, and data networks.
- Implement and configure networked devices.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to administer and monitor networks.
- Exhibit mastery of problem-solving skills to troubleshoot existing and emerging technologies.
- Function as responsible and ethical network administrators for organizations and society.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All program requirements must be completed at ARCC.
- Courses must be completed within three years. Students may petition to extend the window beyond the three years.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online at AnokaRamsey.edu/resources/forms/ under Records and Registration. Alternative formats of the form are available at the Records and Registration Office per request.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
CNET 1100 Introduction to Information Technology 3 CNET 1212 Client Operating Systems 3 CNET 1213* Server Operating Systems 3 CNET 2101* Introduction to Networks 3 CNET 2302* Routing, Switching, and Wireless Essentials 3 CNET 2305* Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation 3
BUS 1103 OR BUS 1145 Human Relations in the Workplace OR Customer Service 3 Electives: Select a minimum of 9 credits from the following: CNET 1000 IT Exploration 2 CNET 1105 Introduction to Cybersecurity 1 CNET 2110* Principles of IT Security 3 CNET 2114 Fundamentals of Linux/UNIX 3 CNET 2125 System Virtualization 3 CNET 2205 Fundamentals of Wireless LANs 3 CNET 2200* Network Forensics CNET 2215* Managing Network Security 3 CNET 2230* Ethical Hacking CNET 2297^ Field Experience and Seminar 1-4 CSCI 1101* Introduction to Computer Science and Problem-Solving 3 CSCI 1106* Fundamentals of Computer Science I 4 CSCI 1107* Fundamentals of Computer Science II 4
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Computer & Information Systems Manager
- Network Administrator
- Wireless Network Specialist
- Computer Support Technician
- Help Desk Specialist
- Network Security Analyst
- Computer Systems Administrator
- Server Support Specialist
Program Requirements 18 Additional Requirements 12 Total 30
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.