The Athletic Coaching certificate program will enable students to focus studies on athletic coaching-related issues and interests. The program’s interdisciplinary emphasis will address a variety of coaching topics and perspectives, and will allow students to begin to develop an understanding of sport management issues. The program will meet the Minnesota High School League’s criteria to coach a varsity sport in lieu of an education degree.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Incorporate critical reflection skills using evidence-based sport management resources.
- Customize communication to meet the needs of varied audiences.
- Define physiological principles essential to athletic coaching.
HPER 1103 First Aid and CPR 3 HPER 2205 Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries 2 HPER 2240 Coaching and Officiating Theory 3 HPER 2297+^ Field Experience and Seminar in Athletic Coaching 2
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All program requirements must be completed at ARCC.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
Fall Semester Spring Semester HPER 1103 3 HPER 2240 3 HPER 2205 2 HPER 2297 2 TOTAL 5 TOTAL 5
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Middle School Coach
- High School Coach
- College Coach
Program Requirements 10 Total 10
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.