Business certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. The Business Communication certificate program strengthens written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills used in the business environment. It is intended for students seeking to improve communication abilities before entering the workforce, returning to the workplace, or those interested in pursuing
career growth opportunities. This certificate is earned after completing 10 credits. Courses may apply toward the Business Transfer Pathway Associate of Science (AS) degree and Business: Office Technology Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
Exhibit interpersonal skills and professionalism when working with company stakeholders.
Express ideas, information, proposals, and reactions clearly and professionally in written and spoken form.
BUS 1102 Business Writing Essentials 1 BUS 1103 Human Relations in the Workplace 3 BUS 1104 Written Business Communications 3 BUS 1124 PowerPoint and Web Conferencing 3
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All program requirements must be completed at ARCC.
- Courses must be completed within four years. Students may petition to extend the window beyond the four years.
- All course requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a complete form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program; many courses are offered in the evening or online.
Fall Semester Spring Semester BUS 1102 1 BUS 1103 3 BUS 1124 3 BUS 1104 3 TOTAL 4 TOTAL 6
Start your degree with a certificate.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Collections Representative
- Customer Service Specialist
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Executive Secretary
- Front Desk Representative
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Supervisor
- Public Relations Assistant
Program Requirements 10 Total 10
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.