Social Media Marketing
Start your career in the exciting and growing field of Social Media Marketing or incorporate new marketing techniques and skills into your current position with a Social Media Marketing Certificate from Anoka Ramsey Community College. Learn how social platforms are used to develop communication and marketing strategies for nonprofits, businesses, organizations or governments. From Facebook to Instagram, YouTube, blogging, LinkedIn and more, discover new social media strategies that apply across all social networks. Earning the Social Media Marketing Certificate will help you increase your understanding of social networks and provide practical, how-to techniques to incorporate social platforms into an organization or business.
By completing this certificate, students will achieve the following learning goals in the social media marketing environment:
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate effective business communications.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits must be completed at ARCC. (for a certificate program)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C or higher must be earned in all “program requirements.”
- All course requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this certificate are subject to change without notice.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: Students encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
BUS 1104 Written Business Communications 3 BUS 1180 Developing Web Pages 3 BUS 2142 Principles of Marketing 4 BUS 2143 Social Media Marketing 3 BUS 2144 Principles of Advertising 3
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program; many courses are offered in the evening or online.
Fall Semester Spring Semester BUS 2142 4 BUS 1104 3 BUS 2143 3 BUS 1180 3 BUS 2144 3 TOTAL 10 TOTAL 6
Start your degree with a certificate.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Brand Ambassador
- Digital Marketer
- Director of Digital Marketing
- Director of Social Media
- Digital Specialist
- Engagement Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Analyst
- Social Media Planner
- Social Media Content Creator
Program Requirements 16 Total 16
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.