IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist certificate program focuses on the development of job- or career- specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. Many courses may apply toward the Associate of Science (AS) degree in Computer Networking and the Associate of Science (AS) degree in Cybersecurity.
Due to the dynamic nature of the computer networking industry, students are not able to sell back CNET course materials to the bookstore.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Design and develop secure voice, video, and data networks.
- Implement and configure computer devices.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to administer and monitor computer systems.
- Exhibit mastery of problem-solving skills to troubleshoot existing and emerging technologies.
- Function as responsible and ethical IT support specialists for organizations and society.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- Courses must be completed within three years. Students may petition to extend the window beyond the three years.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- To complete your program, please submit the appropriate application found here.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1145 Customer Service 3 CNET 1100 Introduction to Information Technology 3 CNET 1105 Introduction to Cybersecurity 1 CNET 2112 Client Operating Systems 3 CNET 2101* Introduction to Networks 3
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Computer & Information Systems Manager
- Network Administrator
- Wireless Network Specialist
- Computer Support Technician
- Help Desk Specialist
- Network Security Analyst
- Computer Systems Administrator
- Server Support Specialist
Program Requirements 16 Total 16
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.