Computer Network Security
Computer Networking Certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. Many courses may apply toward the Associate of Science (AS) in Computer Networking. For additional information, visit our website at: http://www.anokaramsey.edu/
Due to the dynamic nature of the computer networking industry, students are not able to sell back CNET course materials to the bookstore.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Design and develop secure voice, video and data networks.
- Implement and configure networked devices.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to administer and monitor networks.
- Exhibit mastery of problem-solving skills to troubleshoot existing and emerging technologies.
- Function as responsible and ethical network administrators for organizations and society.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All program requirements must be completed at ARCC.
- Courses must be completed within three years. Students may petition to extend the window beyond the three years.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
CNET 1100 Introduction to Information Technology 3 CSCI 1101 Introduction to Computer Science & Problem-Solving 3 CNET 1105 Introduction to Cybersecurity 1 CNET 2101 Introduction to Networks 3 CNET 2110 Principles of IT Security 3 CNET 2114 Fundamentals of Linux/UNIX 3 CNET 2125* System Virtualization 3 CNET 2215* Managing Network Security 3 CNET 2230 Ethical Hacking 3 CNET 2301 Routing and Switching Essentials 3
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Computer & Information Systems Manager
- Network Administrator
- Wireless Network Specialist
- Computer Support Technician
- Help Desk Specialist
- Network Security Analyst
- Computer Systems Administrator
- Server Support Specialist
For more information about our program graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit the Gainful Employment Disclosure Report.
Program Requirements 28 Total 28
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.