Business Computer Applications
Business certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. The Business Computer Applications certificate program focuses on the mastery of computer software programs with an emphasis on business applications. This certificate is earned after completing 12 credits. Students can add value to their skill set and résumé by completing this technology-focused certificate or updating skills by learning new versions of software. Many courses may apply toward the Business Transfer Pathway Associate of Science (AS) degree and Business: Office Technology Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
Demonstrate the ability to utilize current business software programs and internet technologies in the creation and distribution of business communications and in the creation, analysis, and retrieval of data.
Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All program requirements must be completed at ARCC.
- All computer courses must be completed within the last four years. Students may petition to extend the window beyond the four years.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
Complete four of the six following courses: BUS 1112+ Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1119++ Database Management using Microsoft Access 3 BUS 1124 PowerPoint and Web Conferencing 3 BUS 1143++ Decision Making using Excel 3 BUS 1155++ Word Processing using Microsoft Word 3 BUS 1180+ Developing Web Pages 3
BUS 1119 and BUS 1124 offered every year fall only
BUS 1155 offered every year spring only
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Representative
- Accounting Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Bank Manager
- Claims Adjuster
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Employment and Placement Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Product Analyst
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager
Program Requirements 12 Total 12
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.