Transfer Student

Secondary Navigation

Transfer Student


We’re glad you plan to attend Anoka-Ramsey! As a transfer college student, you’ll find we offer many services to help you succeed.

If you’ve taken courses at other accredited schools or colleges, we’ll help you transfer qualified credits and enroll at Anoka-Ramsey.

Helpful Information

Learn which of your courses will transfer.

Admissions Checklist for Transfer Students

  1. 1. Apply

    Apply online for admission to the college. There is no cost to apply.

    Once you’ve submitted your application, watch for a letter informing you of your enrollment status.

    When you are admitted, your letter will include important information: your Student ID and PIN information.

    Be sure to save your StarID and Password where you can find it.  You’ll need your StarID to access your student email account and other campus information.

    Enrolled at another Minnesota State institution?

    If you are already a student at another Minnesota State institution, applying to Anoka-Ramsey is free and easy!
    Just use your StarID and Password to log in, then it will auto-fill most of your information into the application!

    If you don't know your StarID and Password, you can look up or reset that information by going to

  2. 2. Request Official Transcripts

    Minnesota State Colleges System

    If you have attended a Minnesota State college or university, the Records office at Anoka-Ramsey Community College will retrieve your official transcript for you at no cost. You must complete the Minnesota State transcript retrieval form.

    University of Minnesota System, Private Colleges and Other States

    Students with prior coursework at another college, university, or vocational school who are planning to earn a degree from Anoka-Ramsey Community College should submit official transcripts from each institution to the Records Office.

    Have official transcripts sent to:

    Anoka-Ramsey Community College
    Attn: Records
    11200 Mississippi Blvd. NW
    Coon Rapids, MN 55433

    Official transcripts may also be delivered to from educational institutions who use an electronic secure, certified PDF option.


    Students wishing to transfer credit from a university outside of the U.S.A. to Anoka-Ramsey must have their transcript evaluated by an approved academic credentialing agency. The following companies provide acceptable evaluations for a fee (order a "Course by Course" evaluation and Anoka-Ramsey as a recipient):

    Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)
    P.O. Box 514070
    Milwaukee, WI 53203
    Phone: 414-289-3400
    Fax: 414-289-3411
    World Educational Services (WES)
    P.O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station
    New York, NY 10113
    Phone: 1-800-937-3895
    Fax: 212-739-6100

    To learn more about how credits are evaluated, you may read the Minnesota State transfer policy here.

    You may also read the Minnesota State Transfer Rights and Responsibilities policy here.

  3. 3. Complete Online Orientation

    Email and include the following information in the email:

    • Full Legal Name
    • StarID Number
    • Declared Major/Program
    • Previous College(s)
    • Phone Number

    Orientation staff will grant you access to Online Orientation within one to two business days of your email.

  4. 4. Schedule Appointment with Academic Advisor

    Now is a great time to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor by calling 763-433-1230.

    Our academic advisors will review your academic plan and make sure you’re on track with course selection, credit transfers, degree requirements and more.

  5. 5. Transfer Petition Process

    When courses do not transfer after official evaluation, students may petition their courses through a transfer review process. Anoka-Ramsey Community College will review requests in a timely manner.

    We strongly recommend scheduling an appointment with an academic advisor prior to submitting a transfer review request to familiarize students with the transfer evaluation process. Students will be asked to submit documentation in support of a transfer review request, please be sure to submit all requested documentation.

    To schedule an appointment with an academic advisor please contact 763-433-1230, press 1 for appointments.

    To submit a Transfer Credit Review please follow the following steps:

    1. Click here to use the online eServices tool to submit a request.
    2. Submit the following required documentation to:
                     a.  An unofficial transcript
                     b.  A syllabus
                     c.  An Anoka-Ramsey Community College Degree Report (DARS)

    Petitions submitted without required documentation will be subject to denial.

    The results of the review will be communicated to students via email.

    Students who are dissatisfied with the results of their review, may proceed to a secondary of appeal through the online eServices tool, results of a second level appeal will be communicated via email.

    Students who are dissatisfied with the outcome of their secondary appeal may submit a final appeal, have the right to appeal at the Minnesota State System through the online eServices tool.  Students may find information regarding system level appeals on the Minnesota State website.

Supplementary Information