The TRIO Upward Bound program at the Cambridge Campus and Coon Rapids Campus offers area high school students opportunities to develop motivation and skills necessary to complete high school and enroll in post-secondary education following high school graduation. This is a free service provided by a federal grant.
Upward Bound Activities are designed to meet the following objectives:
- Increase academic performance of program participants
- Increase motivation of participants to complete high school and pursue post-secondary education
- Provide informative career and educational opportunities for all participants
- Increase participation in cultural/educational opportunities beyond those available through high schools
- Provide tutoring services, academic advising and counseling to program participants
- Provide assistance in completing the application process for admission to a postsecondary institution