Placement at Anoka-Ramsey
To determine placement please start by completing the Course Placement Evaluation Request.
In addition, if possible, please provide any of the above documentation to your request:
- Valid High school GPA (Within the last 10 years)
- High School transcript (within the last 10 years)
- GED scores
- Scores from ACT, SAT, MN Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) (Within the last 5 years)
Advance Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Completion of college-level coursework from an accredited college or university.
Also, if you are seeking an appeal or a new placement review based on previous scores, options regarding a re-test or for any other reason placement needs to be determined, please fill out the Course Placement Evaluation Request.
If you are unable to provide this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional placement guidance.
The Accuplacer Placement exam may be used when necessary to determine placement. The Accuplacer can be scheduled either remotely, (technology is required) or in-person BY APPOINTMENT only. Please complete a Course Placement Evaluation Request first. From there, you will receive instructions on further testing if needed. For any questions or to schedule a remote or in-person placement exam. Please email email@example.com.
The Accuplacer is a placement test that assesses skill levels in reading, English composition and mathematics. Test results are required for all students and used to determine the appropriate course placement to promote student success in college.
Placement tests are required for:
- New students registering for credit-based courses
- All PSEO and Concurrent Enrollment students
- Returning students or transfer students who have not either taken the Accuplacer placement test at another institution or successfully completed a college-level math and/or college-level English course with a grade of "C" or higher
Classic Accuplacer test scores are valid five years for reading and two years for math. To obtain a copy of your scores, please complete the Request for Accuplacer Score Report form. To understand your test results, review the Accuplacer Interpretation Handout or contact our Testing Advisor at 763-433-1180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have taken the Accuplacer test at another college, have completed a college level math and/or English course through another college, or would like ACT, SAT and/or MCA scores to be considered in course placement please send an official copy of your scores/grades to the Records and Registration Office. Also, complete the Course Placement Evaluation Request and return to testing services.