Due to ongoing efforts to ensure the health and safety of our students during the COVID-19 pandemic, significant modifications to our existing placement practices are required. Most notably, this includes suspending all in-person and online course placement testing and services until further notice.
Course placement may also be determined by:
- Valid High school GPA (Within the last 10 years)
- Scores from ACT, SAT, MN Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) (Within the last 5 years)
Advance Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Completion of college-level coursework from an accredited college or university.
Please complete the Course Placement Evaluation Request to provide any of the above documentation.
If you are unable to provide this information, in the interim, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional placement guidance. Additional information will be provided as soon as it is available.
The Accuplacer is a placement test that assesses skill levels in reading, English composition and mathematics. Test results are required for all students and used to determine the appropriate course placement to promote student success in college.
Placement tests are required for:
- New students registering for credit-based courses
- All PSEO and Concurrent Enrollment students
- Returning students or transfer students who have not either taken the Accuplacer placement test at another institution or successfully completed a college-level math and/or college-level English course with a grade of "C" or higher
Classic Accuplacer test scores are valid five years for reading and two years for math. To obtain a copy of your scores, please complete the Request for Accuplacer Score Report form. To understand your test results, review the Accuplacer Interpretation Handout or contact our Testing Advisor at 763-433-1180 or email email@example.com.
If you have taken the Accuplacer test at another college, have completed a college level math and/or English course through another college, or would like ACT, SAT and/or MCA scores to be considered in course placement please send an official copy of your scores/grades to the Records and Registration Office. Also, complete the Course Placement Evaluation Request and return to testing services.