Financial Aid Eligibility

Secondary Navigation

Financial Aid Eligibility

To receive financial aid, you must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. If you are a non-citizen and would like to determine your eligibility status, please visit the Financial Aid Office. 
  • Have a valid Social Security number or for non-citizens, an A-number.
  • Be enrolled at ARCC as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program effective the term in which you wish to receive aid. You must be a degree-seeking student in order to receive aid. 
  • Have no current default status on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal student grant.
  • Comply with the verification process. One-third of all students are selected for this process by the Department of Education. If you are selected, ARCC is required to verify the information reported on your FAFSA. If you do not provide the information needed to complete the verification process, you will not be eligible to receive aid. All notifications regarding required information will be sent to your student email address.
  • Provide information to resolve any discrepancies identified by the Department of Education, the Social Security Administration, the Department of Homeland Security or the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
  • Meet financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards. There are differences in these standards between the Academic Advising Office and the Financial Aid Office, so it’s important to check with both. More info is available at the Anoka-Ramsey Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy webpage and the Minnesota State Policy 2.9 page.
  • Submit all requested academic transcripts.

Transferring financial aid from another school

If you are transferring to Anoka-Ramsey and have already completed the FAFSA application at another school, you will need to transfer your FAFSA results and complete your file at Anoka-Ramsey.


  1. If you have your Federal ID (FSA ID)

    Submit your transfer request online. Select “FAFSA Follow-up” and follow the instructions under “Make Corrections.”

  2. If you do not have your FSA ID or don’t have access to a computer

    Call the Central Processor at 1-800-433-3243. You will need your Data Release Number (DRN) located in the lower left hand corner of your Student Aid Report. Follow the directions in the automated response system and add college code 002332 for Anoka-Ramsey Community College.

    If you are transferring to Anoka-Ramsey mid-year and already have a student loan at another institution, ask the financial aid office at your current school to cancel your future loan disbursements. You will be able to apply the remaining balance of your financial aid to tuition and fees at Anoka-Ramsey.

Supplementary Information