Traditional paper textbooks do not always offer full access to materials. Students who utilize text-to-speech, magnification/enlargement, and other products may need their physical textbooks in an electronic format to use those assistive technologies.
It is the student’s responsibility to:
- Be approved and have a current Letter of Accommodation for the semester
- Request the electronic textbooks needed each semester
- Submit an Electronic Formatted Textbook Request form initialing a request for materials
- Provide receipts of purchase
- Register your FREE account with ReadSpeaker TextAid
How to use your Electronic Formatted Textbook (e-text) accommodation
First—Complete the Electronic Formatted Textbook request form
- Go to the Office for Students with Disabilities website
- Complete the Electronic Formatted Textbook Request found under the “Forms” section.
- Attach receipts of purchase for your textbooks to the form or email them to email@example.com
Important details about your request
- Once your request is received, OSD will search for electronic versions of your textbooks.
- While books are usually shared within about one week, it can take up to 4 weeks to complete your request
- In the event your textbooks are not readily available, you will be contacted by OSD and other options for access may be explored
Next—Sign-in to ReadSpeaker TextAid
- Log-in to your D2L Brightspace account: D2L Brightspace Login for Anoka-Ramsey Community College (minnstate.edu)
- On the Homepage, click the ReadSpeaker Text-to-SpeechOptions tab on the top menu
- From the ReadSpeaker Table of Contents, click on TextAid
- Click on the prompt that reads: Use this -->ReadSpeaker TextAid<-- link to open and connect to TextAid
Then—Explore TextAid and find your books
- Watch the introduction video on the main page
- Click on the Library tab in the left menu bar
- Click on the Shared with Me tab
- Click on your e-text and use the features to read the material
Want a demonstration of ReadSpeaker and its functions? Need support using it on an e-text?
Book an Assistive Technology Consultation with Heather Dibblee.
If at any time you have questions or concerns regarding your request, please feel free to contact OSD at
To request these documents in an alternate format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org