The Rapids Review
SUBMISSION WINDOW: NOW- MARCH 10, 2023
The Creative Writing Club invites Anoka-Ramsey Community College students from the Cambridge and Coon Rapids Campuses to submit creative work for publication consideration in the annual issue of our literary magazine, The Rapids Review.
The Rapids Review is the Coon Rapids Campus student literary magazine. It is dedicated to publishing a wide range of excellently crafted work by student writers and artists of any age, gender, ethnicity, and demographic. The Rapids Review is seeking submissions of fiction, poetry, stage writing, screenwriting, creative nonfiction, photography, and visual art from ALL ARCC students for the annual spring issue.
Writers and artists may submit a total of five works/pieces. (Poems in a series may be considered one piece if submitted as one file of 75-lines or less.)
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES for WRITTEN WORKS
- ALL written work must be double-spaced in Arial 12-point font.
- ALL written work must be sent as an attached Microsoft Word document.
- Fiction and creative nonfiction submissions should not exceed 2,500 words.
- We do not accept news articles.
- Poetry submissions should not exceed 75 lines. Poems should be single-spaced and left aligned (no centered poems). Exceptions will be made if there is an artistic reason for the poem’s formatting
- Stage writing and screenwriting submissions should not exceed 10 double-spaced pages of script.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES for VISUAL WORKS
- Visual artwork must be submitted as attached JPEG files.
- Artists can submit photos of three-dimensional work they created, such as sculptures or glass items.
Email submissions to email@example.com and include:
- "RR Submission" as the subject line
- The name of the writer/artist
- Title of each work/piece (Each work/piece should be a separate attached file.)
- Category of each work/piece (short story, play, painting, sculpture, etc.)
- Writer or artist names as document headings (no page numbers required)
- All works/pieces submitted must be the work/piece of, and under the sole ownership of, the person or persons submitting such work/piece.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to make final selection decisions. The Editorial Board also reserves the right to make formatting changes, such as line spacing and font, to create a cohesive magazine (if necessary).
- This year’s theme will be “Connections and Disconnections.” Work will not be automatically included or excluded based solely on its connection to the theme.