Business Transfer Pathway Degree
The Business Transfer Pathway Associate of Science (AS) degree program offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Business bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Minnesota State Transfer Pathways offer students curriculum that is designed to fully transfer to a parallel program at one of seven universities in the Minnesota State system:
- Bemidji State University: Business Administration Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Metropolitan State University: Business Administration Bachelor of Science (BS) degree; Entrepreneurship Innovation Bachelor of Science (BS) degree; Finance Bachelor of Science (BS) degree; Human Resource Management Bachelor of Science (BS) degree; International Business Bachelor of Science (BS) degree; Management Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, Marketing Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, Supply Chain & Operations Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Finance Bachelor of Science (BS) degree (Corporate Finance, Financial Planning Insurance, General Finance, Institutional Finance, Investment Analysis), International Business Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, Management Bachelor of Science (BS) degree (Business Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing)
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Business Administration Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Management Bachelor of Science (BS) degree (General Management, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management)
- St. Cloud State University: Management Bachelor of Science (BS) degree (Human Resources Management, Operations Management)
- Winona State University: Business Administration Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
Upon completion of a business program at ARCC, students will exhibit proficiency in the following areas of business knowledge:
- Critical Thinking: Apply critical thinking skills in the identification, analysis, and resolution of business problems;
- Interpersonal and Written Communication: Exhibit interpersonal skills and professional attitudes while expressing ideas, information, and proposals in writing with stakeholders;
- Technology: Demonstrate the ability to utilize current business software programs and information technologies in the creation and distribution of company communications and the creation, analysis, and retrieval of data;
- Finance: Apply knowledge of financial concepts used in personal and business environments that leads to appropriate financial decisions; and
- Ethics: Identify and utilize decision making that is ethical and socially responsible in the workplace.
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- Some students may need preparatory courses in the areas of English, mathematics or reading. Courses numbered below 1000 will not apply toward this degree.
- Satisfy residency requirements.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- Completion of specific degree requirements.
- Each state university has specific program requirements for completion. Please speak with your advisor about requirements at receiving institutions.
- To receive your diploma, you must apply to graduate.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
BUS 1101 Introduction to Business 3 BUS 1104 Written Business Communications 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1125 Financial Accounting 4 BUS 2126* Managerial Accounting 4 BUS 2142 Principles of Marketing 4 BUS 2215 Legal Environment of Business 3 BUS 2244 Principles of Management 4 Business Elective: Select any BUS course. 2
Complete at least 30 credits in courses from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC), including all courses listed. You must complete at least one course in six of the ten goal areas. One course may satisfy more than one goal area, but the course credits may be counted only once. 1. Communications ENGL 1120* OR ENGL 1121* 4 CMST 1110 OR CMST 2215 OR CMST 2220 3 2. Critical Thinking ECON 2206 3 3. Natural Science 4. Mathematical/Logical Reasoning MATH 1114* 3 MATH 1200* 3 5. History/Social/Behavioral Sciences (one course from B or C) A. ECON 2205 3 B. Anthropology/Psychology/Sociology (PSYC 1110 is recommended) C. History/Political Science 6. Humanities/Fine Art 7. Human Diversity 8. Global Perspective 9. Ethical/Civic Responsibility 10. People and the Environment
Classes are scheduled for full-time students to complete in two years; part-time students will need more time. For assistance with pathway planning, students should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. See also the college catalog Appendix for course offering information.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Representative
- Accounting Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Bank Manager
- Claims Adjuster
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Employment and Placement Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Product Analyst
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager