Accounting Transfer Pathway Degree
The Accounting Transfer Pathway Associate of Science (AS) degree program offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Accounting bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
- Bemidji State University: Accounting Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Metropolitan State University: Accounting Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Accounting Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Accounting Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Accounting Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- St. Cloud State University: Accounting Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Winona State University: Accounting Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
Prepare journal entries and financial statements;
Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems;
Appropriately use technology to solve business problems; and
Demonstrate effective business communication skills.
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- Some students may need preparatory courses in the areas of English, mathematics or reading. Courses numbered below 1000 will not apply toward this degree.
- Satisfy residency requirements.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- Completion of specific degree requirements.
- Each state university has specific program requirements for completion. Please speak with your advisor about requirements at receiving institutions.
- To receive your diploma, you must apply to graduate.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
BUS 1104 Written Business Communication 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1134* Computerized Accounting 2 BUS 1143 Decision Making Using Excel 3 BUS 2125 Financial Accounting 4 BUS 2126* Managerial Accounting 4 BUS 2142 Principles of Marketing 4 BUS 2215 Legal Environment of Business 3 BUS 2244 Principles of Management 4
Complete at least 30 credits in courses from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC), including all courses listed. You must complete at least one course in six of the ten goal areas. One course may satisfy more than one goal area, but the course credits may be counted only once. 1. Communication ENGL 1120* OR ENGL 1121* 4 CMST 1110 OR CMST 2220 3 2. Critical Thinking 3. Natural Science One course with lab required 4 4. Mathematical/Logical Reasoning MATH 1114* 4 MATH 1200 (or higher)* 3 5. History/Social/Behavioral Sciences ECON 2205 3 ECON 2206 3 6. Humanities/Fine Art Choose course(s) totaling 3 credits 3 7. Human Diversity Choose course(s) totaling 3 credits 3 8. Global Perspective 9. Ethical/Civic Responsibility 10. People and the Environment
The following two-year Pathway Plan is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this pathway. For assistance with pathway planning, students should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. See also the college catalog Appendix for course offering information.
Semester One Semester Two BUS 1112 3 BUS 2126* 4 BUS 2125 4 CMST 1110 OR CMST 2220 3 ENGL 1120* OR ENGL 1121* 4 MATH 1114* 4 MATH 1200* (or higher) 3 General Ed/MnTC with lab (Goal Area 3) 4 TOTAL 14 TOTAL 15
Semester Three Semester Four BUS 1104 3 BUS 1134* 2 BUS 1143 3 BUS 2142 4 BUS 2244 4 BUS 2215 3 ECON 2205 3 ECON 2206 3 General Ed/MnTC (Goal 6 or 7) 3 General Ed/MnTC (Goal 6 or 7) 3 TOTAL 16 TOTAL 15
Business certificates commonly earned as you pursue this degree.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Compensation General Auditor
- Financial Aid Director
- Financial Investment Analyst
- Internal Auditor
- Management Specialist
- Personal Financial Planner
- Procedures Specialist