Students may take the first half of a bachelor’s degree in engineering at Anoka-Ramsey Community College. Coursework transfers to four-year baccalaureate engineering programs. Students should plan a program beyond the minimum degree requirements listed in order to transfer into the junior year of their engineering program. For assistance in program planning, or to explore additional transfer options, students should schedule a time to meet with an academic advisor. This degree may transfer in part or in its entirety to baccalaureate institutions. Students should meet with a representative of the transfer institution when planning their program.
Preparatory courses may be needed by some students in the areas of English, mathematics or reading. Courses numbered less than 1000 will not apply toward this degree.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Comprehend and apply fundamental engineering concepts;
- Understand and apply the engineering design process;
- Present clear and accurate solutions with respect to mathematics and units of measure.
- A minimum of 60 semester credits numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- Satisfy residency requirements.
- Completion of specific degree requirements.
- To complete your program, please submit the appropriate application found here.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: Students are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
CHEM 1061* Principles of Chemistry I 4 CSCI 1106* Fundamentals of Computer Science I 4 ENGR 1100 Introduction to Engineering 2 MATH 2210* Differential Equations 4 MATH 2220* Multivariable Calculus and Vector Analysis 5 Select one of the following courses: MATH 2200* Linear Algebra 4 MATH 2201*+ Introductory Linear Algebra+ 2
9 credits Select a minimum of 9 credits from the following list of courses. Use the transfer table found below to select courses that meet the transfer institution’s requirement. In order to transfer into the junior year, plan a program beyond the minimum degree
ENGR 1111* Engineering Graphics 3 ENGR 2218*
OR ENGR 2221*
OR Digital Fundamentals
ENGR 2219* Linear Circuits I 4 ENGR 2240* Thermodynamics 3 ENGR 2241* Statics 3 ENGR 2242* Dynamics 3 ENGR 2243* Mechanics of Materials 3 CHEM 1062* Principles of Chemistry II 4 CHEM 2061* Organic Chemistry I 5 CHEM 2062* Organic Chemistry II 5 CSCI 1107* Fundamentals of Computer Science II 4 CSCI 2253* Assembly Language Programming 4 CSCI 2100* Discrete Mathematics 4
Students must complete 30 credits from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) including all courses listed. You must complete at least one course in six of the 10 goals. One course may satisfy more than one goal, but the course credits may be counted only once.
1. Communication ENGL 1120* OR ENGL 1121* 4 2. Critical Thinking 3. Natural Science PHYS 1327* 6 PHYS 1328* 6 4. Mathematical/Logical Reasoning MATH 1400* 5 MATH 1401* 5 5. History/Social/Behavioral Sciences 6. Humanities/Fine Art 7. Human Diversity 8. Global Perspective 9. Ethical/Civic Responsibility 10. People and the Environment
Engineering Transferability Table U of M-TC SCSU UMD MSU Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering ENGR 1111 * * * ENGR 2219 * * * ENGR 2219 and ENGR 2221 * ENGR 2240 (Mechanical) * * ENGR 2241 * * * * ENGR 2242 * * * * ENGR 2243 * * * Electrical or Computer Engineering ENGR 2218 * * * * ENGR 2219 * * * * ENGR 2241 (Electrical) * * ENGR 2241 and ENGR 2242 * * CHEM 1062 * CSCI 1107 (Computer) * * * MATH 2100 (Computer) * * Civil Engineering ENGR 2219 * ENGR 2241 * * ENGR 2242 * * ENGR 2243 * CHEM 1062 * Chemical or Biomedical Engineering CHEM 1062 * * CHEM 2061 * * CHEM 2062 * * ENGR 2241 *
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Aerospace Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Chemical/Materials Engineer
- Civil/Environmental Engineer
- Computer/Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical/Industrial Engineer
Program Requirements 21 General Education/MnTC 30 Additional Requirements 9 Total 60