The college shall establish an annual calendar incorporating the academic schedule following these principles:
Principles for Calendar Development
- The calendar should serve the convenience of the community-at-large.
- The calendar should facilitate the transfer of students.
- The calendar should accommodate the special needs of occupational programs.
- There should be a significant break between each semester (a double summer session should be treated as a single semester).
- The calendar should contribute to the professional development of the college staff.
- The calendar should seek consistency in the identity of the academic year.
- The calendar should facilitate coordination and cooperation with the metropolitan community colleges and technical colleges.
03.1975 Adopted and implemented.