Anoka-Ramsey Community College will establish a procedure for the maintenance and retention of private data and public information (records). The procedure will be in accordance with federal regulations, Minnesota statutes, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (MGDPA). The procedure will include:
- The length of time information will be maintained
- The method for destroying information
- Identification of the position responsible for information oversight
The college will identify student and employee data privacy coordinators. Both coordinators will serve as the college’s reporting liaisons to the State of Minnesota and the Minnesota State system and provide oversight for the college’s records retention schedule.
For further information, refer to the following college policies, procedures, and forms:
- Policy 4H.1 and Procedure 4H.1/11 College Personnel Files
- Policy 4H.2 and Procedure 4H.2/11Privacy of Records (employees)
- Request for Employee Personal Data(guideline)
- Consent to Release Student Information(form)
See: Records Retention Schedule: (N:\ARCC Public\FORMS\Human Resources)
05.2005 Amended former ARCC Policy 2A.2 to include both student and employee public and private information. Moved policy to Chapter 1.
12.2008 Added records retention link.
07.2017 Technical change, MnSCU to Minnesota State