Beginning in Fall 2024, the North Star Promise (NSP) Scholarship program will create a tuition and fee-free pathway to higher education for eligible Minnesota Residents at eligible institutions. The NSP scholarship is considered a “last-dollar” program by covering the balance of tuition and fees remaining after other scholarships, grants, stipends, and tuition waivers have been applied.
Eligible students must:
- Be a Minnesota resident
- Have a family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) below $80,000 (FAFSA or MN Dream Act application)
- Attend a Minnesota public higher education institution or Tribal College
- Not be in default on a state or federal student loan
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
- Have not already earned a baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled in a program or course of study that applies to a degree, diploma, or certificate
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act Application.
- That’s it! The Financial Aid office will determine your eligibility on a term-by-term basis and award North Star Promise scholarships to all eligible students.
For more information, please visit: Minnesota North Star Promise Scholarship Program