Secondary Navigation


Grants are a form of financial aid that does not have to be repaid. They can be provided by the federal government, the state of Minnesota, or private or nonprofit organizations. Students must complete the FAFSA form to be considered for a grant.

Almost all federal grants and state grants are awarded to students with financial need. Most grants also require students to maintain satisfactory academic progress.

  • Other applications may be required
  • Grants may reduce your eligibility for other financial aid
  • Students who plan to attend summer session may also be eligible for grants
  • Most grants require students to maintain satisfactory academic progress

As you search for gift aid, don't forget to research the wide array of scholarships available from different agencies, companies, civic organizations and individuals who support higher education. Many students leave Anoka-Ramsey nearly debt-free, thanks to college scholarships.

Need help deciding on financial aid?

Call the financial aid office at 763- 433-1500

  • The Pell Grant Program is a federal grant. The maximum Federal Pell Grant award is $6,895 for the 2022–23 award year (July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023)

    Note: To be eligible for a Pell Grant, students must be registered for the courses they intend to complete by the
    fifth day of each term.

    Changes to your schedule after the add/drop period for Pell Grant

    Your class schedule must be firm and you should not make any changes after the 5th day of the semester or you risk aid reductions.  It is expected that you will attend your registered courses. If you decide to add a late start course after the 5th day of the semester your Pell Grant cannot be adjusted for the increase in credits.  If you drop a class and add another class that is the same number of credits after the 5th day of the semester, your aid will be negatively affected, as the add will not be recognized. 

  • The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity grant (FSEOG) is awarded to undergraduate students
    who have exceptional financial need and have not yet earned a bachelor’s or graduate degree.

    Student need and application timing determine the availability of funds.

  • The state GI Bill® provides financial assistance to eligible Minnesota veterans and service members, as well as eligible spouses and children of deceased or severely disabled eligible Minnesota veterans.

    Full-time undergraduate or graduate students may be eligible to receive up to $3,000 per semester or term and part-time students may be eligible to receive up to $500 per semester or term.

  • State grants help students from low- and moderate-income families pay for educational expenses at eligible Minnesota colleges or universities. Students must be at least 17, residents of Minnesota and graduates of a secondary school/high school or its equivalent.

    • Students must be enrolled for at least three credits at Anoka-Ramsey or another eligible school
    • Applicants are required to contribute at least 50 percent of their price of attendance out of savings, earnings, loans or other assistance from school or private sources
    • FAFSA application must be received by the federal processing center within 30 calendar days of the start of the semester
  • The Child Care Grant program provides financial assistance to students who have children 12 and under, are not receiving assistance under the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), and who demonstrate financial need for grants, to help pay for childcare while pursuing a postsecondary education. Funds are limited and awarded on a first-come basis.

    To qualify, applicants must:

    • meet state residency requirements. Minnesota residents.
    • not be recipients of MFIP.
    • be enrolled 1-12 credits or more per term.
    • Has not received childcare grant funds for a period of ten semesters or the equivalent. Students who have withdrawn for active military service after December 31, 2002, are given an extra term of eligibility.
    • be making satisfactory progress.
    • not be receiving tuition reciprocity benefits from another state.
    • be pursuing a nonsectarian program or course of study that applies to an undergraduate or graduate degree, diploma, or certificate.

    The award is based upon the EFC of the applicant and the number of eligible children within the family who need childcare, and the applicant’s level of enrollment.

    The maximum award amount is $6,500 per eligible child per academic year. The amount of the award cannot exceed 40 hours of childcare per week per eligible child. The institution may increase the amount shown on the maximum award chart by 10 percent for infant care in certain counties.

    To apply, please visit Student Resources > Forms and complete an application for the appropriate academic year.

  • This program is designed to provide eligible Minnesota residents a tuition-free pathway for earning a certificate, diploma, associate’s degree, and bachelor’s degree in high-need careers. Funding comes from the State of Minnesota and is awarded to eligible students after grants and scholarships have been paid.

    You must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student in a program that leads to a career in one of the following high-need areas:

    • Healthcare: High-need programs on your campus may include nursing, medical assisting, surgical technicians, healthcare social workers, EMTs, paramedics, dental assistants, dental hygienists, and substance abuse and mental health counselors.
    • STEM: High-need programs on your campus may include software development, software analysts, engineers, web developers, statisticians, and agricultural workers.
    • Business: High-need programs on your campus may include accounting, financial management, auditors, human resource managers, bankers, and project managers.
    • Industry and Technology: High-need programs on your campus may include machine tool technologists, operations managers, HVAC technicians, front line supervisors, plumbers, construction managers, electricians/electrical line workers, heavy duty mechanics, welders, automotive service technicians, and auto body technicians.
    • Education: High-need programs on your campus may include early childhood educators, childcare workers, school counselors and social workers
    • Public service: High-need programs on your campus may include law enforcement officers, probation officers, firefighters, and public administration

    You must meet ONE of the following requirements:

    • Have a Family AGI* reported on FAFSA or State Aid Application of less than $100,000 and have worked in a critical industry listed in Executive Order 20-74 at least part-time between March 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021; OR received unemployment benefits between March 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021
    • Have a Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)* reported on FAFSA or MN Dream Act Application of less than $50,000

    *Family AGI for a dependent student includes parent and student AGI and for an independent student it includes student and spouse AGI.

    Other Eligibility Criteria:

    • You first enrolled during the 2021-22 or 2022-23 school year OR you are returning to college and have not been enrolled at any college in the last three semesters
    • Meet the Minnesota residency criteria
    • Not have already earned a baccalaureate degree
    • Not in default on a state or federal student loan
    • Not on SAP/FA Suspension

    Student eligibility for the grant will be determined every semester. You will need to fill out the FAFSA each year. A student who receives a grant one semester is not guaranteed to receive funding for the next semester. Eligibility is subject to the availability of funds and any changes in your enrollment, FAFSA, or other financial aid may change the amount you receive each semester.

    For more details, please visit

    If you are eligible for a Minnesota Future Together Grant, your college will contact you with an award amount or additional questions to determine your eligibility.

    If you do not receive a communication from your financial aid office but believe that you are eligible for the spring term, please send us an email at

Supplementary Information

Meet Our Students and Alumni