Exercise Science Transfer Pathway Degree
The Exercise Science Transfer Pathway Associate of Science (AS) degree program offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Exercise Science bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Minnesota State Transfer Pathways offer students curriculum that is designed to fully transfer to a parallel program at one of seven universities in the Minnesota State system:
- Bemidji State University (TBD)
- Metropolitan State University (TBD)
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Exercise Science, Bachelor of Science degree
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead (TBD)
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Exercise Science, Bachelor of Science degree
- St. Cloud State University (TBD)
- Winona State University: Exercise and Rehabilitation Science Bachelor of Science degree
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Knowledge Base: Students should be able to demonstrate fundamental knowledge and comprehension of the major concepts and institutions fundamental to the field of political science;
- Critical Thinking: Students should be able to demonstrate scientific reasoning and problem solving needed to investigate the field of political science;
- Ethical and Civic Responsibility: Students should be able to recognize the importance of civic virtue, and understand their ability to have an impact on their community, nation, and the world; and
- Global Awareness: Students should be able to explain how the inter- national/global system works.
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- Some students may need preparatory courses in the areas of English, mathematics or reading. Courses numbered below 1000 will not apply toward this degree.
- Satisfy residency requirements.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- Completion of specific degree requirements.
- To receive your diploma, you must apply to graduate.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
HPER 1103 First Aid and CPR 3 HPER 1112 Nutrition 3 HPER 1120 Wellness for Life 4 HPER 1160* Weight Training and Conditioning 0 HPER 1200 Anatomy of Movement 2 HPER 1205 Introduction to Exercise Science 2 HPER 2205 Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries 2 HPER 2206 Exercise Physiology 4 HPER 2207* Fitness Testing and Exercise Prescription 2 HPER 2208^ Concepts in Personal Training 2
Complete at least 36 credits in courses from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC), including all courses listed. You must complete goal areas one through five and seven. One course may satisfy more than one goal area, but the course credits may be counted only once.
1. Communication ENGL 1120* OR ENGL 1121* 4 CMST 2220 OR CMST 2215 OR CMST 2220 3 2. Critical Thinking (Choose a minimum of one course other than ENGL 1120*/1121* and CMST 2215) 2 3. Natural Science BIOL 1106 4 CHEM 1020* OR CHEM 1061* 4 BIOL 2113* 4 BIOL 2114* 4 4. Mathematical/Logical Reasoning MATH 1114* 4 5. History/Social/Behavioral Sciences PSYC 1110 4
Choose one course from A or C
C. History/Political Science
3 6. Humanities/Fine Art 7. Human Diversity (met by PSYC 1110) 8. Global Perspective 9. Ethical/Civic Responsibility 10. People and the Environment
The following two-year Pathway Plan is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this pathway. For assistance with pathway planning, students should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. See also the college catalog Appendix for course offering information.
Semester One Semester Two CHEM 1020*
OR CHEM 1061*
4 BIOL 1106 4 ENGL 1120* OR ENGL 1121* 4 HPER 1103 3 HPER 1200 2 HPER 1120 4 HPER 1205 2 General Ed/MnTC 3-4 General Ed/MnTC (Goal Area 2) 2 HPER 1160+ 0 PSYC 1110 4 TOTAL 14 TOTAL 15
Semester Three Semester Four BIOL 2113* 4 BIOL 2114* 4 HPER 1112 3 CMST 2215 3 HPER 2205 2 HPER 2207 2 HPER 2206 4 HPER 2208^ 2 General Ed/MnTC (Goal Area 5) 3 MATH 1114* TOTAL 16 TOTAL 15-16