Small Business Accounting
Business Certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. Many courses may apply toward an Associate of Science (AS) degree and/or an Associate of Applied Science (ASS) degree in Accounting or Business. For additional information, visit our website at: http://www.anokaramsey.edu.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
Prepare journal entries and financial statements.
Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems.
Appropriately use technology to solve business problems.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- All accounting and computer courses should be completed within the last seven years in order to transfer into this program.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
BUS 1103 Human Relations in the Workplace 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1134* Computerized Accounting 2 BUS 1135* Payroll Accounting 2 BUS 1143 Decision Making Using Excel 3 BUS 2125 Financial Accounting 4
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Representative
- Accounting Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Bank Manager
- Claims Adjuster
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Employment and Placement Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Product Analyst
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager
For more information about our program graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit the Gainful Employment Disclosure Report.
Program Requirements 17 Total 17
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.