Small Business Accounting
Business Certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. Many courses may apply toward an Associate of Science (AS) degree and/or an Associate of Applied Science (ASS) degree in Accounting or Business. For additional information, visit our website at: http://www.anokaramsey.edu.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
Prepare journal entries and financial statements.
Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems.
Appropriately use technology to solve business problems.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- All accounting and computer courses should be completed within the last seven years in order to transfer into this program.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
BUS 1103 Human Relations in the Workplace 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1134* Computerized Accounting 2 BUS 1135* Payroll Accounting 2 BUS 1143 Decision Making Using Excel 3 BUS 2125 Financial Accounting 4
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Representative
- Accounting Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Bank Manager
- Claims Adjuster
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Employment and Placement Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Product Analyst
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager
Program Requirements 17 Total 17
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.