Business certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. The Administrative Specialist certificate program is earned after completing 16 credits. Courses may apply toward the Business Transfer Pathway Associate of Science (AS) degree, and the Business: Workplace and Technology Emphasis Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Apply office and business procedures to effectively manage an office environment, employees, and systems
- Use appropriate technology to accurately and efficiently prepare business documents.
- Express ideas, information, proposals, and reactions clearly and professionally in written and spoken form.
- A minimum of 12 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above must be completed at ARCC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- All computer courses must be completed within the last four years. Students may petition to extend the window beyond the four years.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online at AnokaRamsey.edu/resources/forms/ under Records and Registration. Alternative formats of the form are available at the Records and Registration Office per request.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
BUS 1104 Written Business Communication 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1115 Internet Essentials 1 BUS 1174 Office Systems 3 BUS 2265 Administrative Office Management 3 Choose one of the following: BUS 1154+ Advanced Keyboarding 3 BUS 1155++ Word Processing Using Microsoft Word 3
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program; many courses are offered in the evening.
Fall Semester Spring Semester BUS 1104 3 BUS 1115 1 BUS 1112 3 BUS 1154 or BUS 1155** 3 BUS 1174* 3 BUS 2265** 3 TOTAL 9 TOTAL 6
Start your degree with a certificate.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Business and Finance
- Bill and Account Collector
- Financial Clerk (bookkeeping, accounting, accounting)
- Government and Local Services
- Postal Service Worker
- Cargo and Freight Agent
- Courier and Messenger
- Facilities Manager Information Clerk
- Workplace Support
- Desktop Publisher
- General Office Clerk
- Medical Coding
- Receptionist, Administrative Assistant
- Business and Finance
Program Requirements 16 Total 16
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.