Construction College Services/Library Coon Rapids Campus
January 07, 2020
Jan. 8 UPDATE: College Services/Library Remodel
- Review the Visual Representation of the Future Plans.
- The hallway in the upper Library building is closed today and will reopen Jan. 9.
- The Library is located in lower Student Center Building SC100. This is temporary space until the Library remodel is complete. The Library will return to the upper Library Building by the start of fall semester 2020.
- The Admissions Office is located in upper Student Center Building SC278. In May 2020, Admissions will move into the Legacy Room and the Counselors will move into SC278. Both Admissions and Counseling will return to the renovated College Services space once it’s completed in January 2021.
- REMINDER: Door #1 at the College Services entrance will be closed May 1, 2020 until January 2021.
Dec. 3 UPDATE: College Services/Library Remodel
Over the winter semester break:
- The Library will relocate to the Riverside Lounge (SC100). This is temporary space until the Library remodel is complete. The Library will return to the second floor Library Building by the start of fall semester 2020.
- The Admissions Office will relocate to the Staff Lounge in upper Student Center (SC278). This is the temporary space until the College Services remodel is complete. The College Services space is scheduled to be completed by January 2021.
Oct. 29 UPDATE: College Services/Library Remodel
A portion of the Riverside Lounge in lower Student Center building on the Coon Rapids Campus will be closed beginning Friday, Nov. 6. Preparations will begin to temporarily relocate the Library in this space. This temporary Library space will be fully functional for spring semester 2020.
More details about the overall project are below.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College’s Coon Rapids Campus is gearing up for a 28,000 sq ft remodel project in the College Services and Library Buildings on the Coon Rapids Campus. Continue to check this page for updates: www.AnokaRamsey.edu/construction
The project will:
- Create space to support student’s needs in the 21st century.
- Increase opportunities for Anoka-Ramsey to provide a higher level of service to students, faculty and staff.
- Provide a solid platform for the partnership between student’s needs and the available supports services they require.
- Allow Anoka-Ramsey to better serve all students.
- Provide privacy for students when seeking college support services.
- Improve working environment for faculty and staff.
Key features include:
- A complete remodel of our library with updated technology and learning spaces.
- College Services and office remodel.
- Restroom remodel.
- New technology for better learning environments.
The project will be constructed in two phases to minimize the overall disruption to the campus.
TIMELINE PHASE 1: Library (View Visual Timeline Here)
|Jan. 13||Temporary Library fully functional for spring semester 2020 in lower Student Center building SC100. Admissions Office temporary relocated to SC278.|
|July 31||Library construction complete. Library returns to upper College Services building.|
|Aug. 24||Library fully functional for fall semester 2020 in upper College Services building.|
TIMELINE PHASE 2: Educational Services (View VISUAL TIMELINE HERE)
|March 1||Legacy Room in Student Center building closed. Preparations begin to temporarily relocate Educational Services staff to Legacy Room.|
|Early May||Information Desk temporarily relocated near door #16 in the BN Bulge Area in the Business/Nursing building.|
|Early to Mid-May||Educational Services relocates to Legacy Room in Student Center building. College Services Entrance (door #1) temporarily closed (available for emergencies only).|
|Dec. 21||Educational Services returns to upper College Services building.|
|Jan. 11, 2021||Educational Services fully functional for spring semester 2021 in upper College Services building. College Services door #1 reopens.|
“Sweet Land, The Musical” celebrates Minnesota, change and being the “other” at Anoka-Ramsey Feb. 14 - 22
February 12, 2020
Alumni and Community Members Invited to Mural Painting Workshop
February 10, 2020
Anoka Ramsey Community College Athletics honors past to motivate future January 24, 2020
February 06, 2020
Anoka-Ramsey Community College Art Committee Pays Tribute to Civil Rights Activist Anna Arnold Hedgeman Through Commissioned Painting
February 03, 2020
Anoka-Ramsey Community College to host Community Resource Fairs at Cambridge and Coon Rapids Campuses
January 31, 2020
- “Sweet Land, The Musical” celebrates Minnesota, change and being the “other” at Anoka-Ramsey Feb. 14 - 22
Anoka-Ramsey In The News
Anoka-Ramsey premieres play about Cambridge
Isanti-Chisaco County StarJanuary 23, 2020
Walz, Flanagan propose $447M for state colleges and universities
KSTPJanuary 13, 2020
Tim Walz proposing borrowing $447M for repairs, upgrades at MN colleges, universities
Pioneer PressJanuary 13, 2020
Walz: $447 million in state borrowing needed for higher education
MPR NewsJanuary 13, 2020
Walz proposes borrowing $447 million for state's colleges, universities
Star TribuneJanuary 13, 2020
Don't default and other tips from student loan experts
Minnesota Public Radio NewsOctober 23, 2019
Lifelong experiences shared through poems by GracePointe Crossing residents
County News ReviewOctober 18, 2019
Colleges Get Lessons in Helping People Finish Their Degrees
Campus TechnologyOctober 08, 2019
State grant funds community-themed mural at Anoka-Ramsey
ABC NewspapersAugust 17, 2019
- Anoka-Ramsey premieres play about Cambridge