College celebrates diversity through Cultural Awareness Day
April 25, 2017
Anoka-Ramsey Community College recently hosted a Cultural Awareness Day, sponsored by the Multicultural Club and the Office of Multiculturalism and Diversity.
The Multicultural Club educated attendees about diverse cultures and encouraged attendees to celebrate the various cultures within the Anoka-Ramsey community.
- an “Islam and Culture” talk by Humanities instructor Dr. Abdul Dardery.
- a performance from Anoka-Ramsey’s World Drumming Ensemble.
- a performance from the Theatre class about Poetry of Guantamo Bay Detention Camp.
- a fundraiser for Somali Famine Relief, announced by the Multicultural Club.
- an ongoing activity board, “Where do you come from?” announced by the U.S. Geography class.
- A video compilation highlighting students’ heritage and culture on campus by the Intercultural Communication class.
"One of the things I enjoyed most about this year's Cultural Awareness Day was the collaboration across so many disciplines in the college,” said Dr. Kristin Doneen, college Philosophy Faculty member and Multicultural Club advisor. “This event really shows how invested our students, faculty and the college are in exchanging cultural awareness across the curriculum.”
For more information about more upcoming diversity events at Anoka-Ramsey, visit: AnokaRamsey.edu/campus-life/diversity-inclusion/
College Music Department offers a trio of musical events Nov. 20
November 13, 2018
Technology Services Will Be Disrupted Nov. 16 - 18, Nov. 30 - Dec. 2
November 08, 2018
Psychology instructor receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar award
November 02, 2018
College Nursing students host community health fair Nov. 8
October 29, 2018
College hosts Healthcare Career Fair, Thursday, Nov. 7
October 29, 2018
- College Music Department offers a trio of musical events Nov. 20
Anoka-Ramsey In The News
Anoka-Ramsey welcomes new STEM dean
ABC NewspapersNovember 13, 2018
Anoka-Ramsey to face DCTC at Target Center
Golden Rams AthleticsNovember 05, 2018
Union Herald sports briefs: Anoka-Ramsey sweeps soccer Region titles
ABC NewspapersOctober 25, 2018
Cambridge Resident 'Retires for Good,' recognized as Minnesota's top 50 over 50
Isanti County NewsOctober 17, 2018
Experts Forum: Minnesota job skills partnership
Finance & CommerceOctober 12, 2018
From janitor to nurse: How an Ethiopian immigrant seized his American dream in Minnesota
Star TribuneAugust 07, 2018
DEED grants to support workforce training
Finance & CommerceJuly 31, 2018
County job training center gets $550,000 grant
ABC NewspapersJuly 12, 2018
Alcohol and drug counseling program opens at Anoka-Ramsey
ABC NewspapersJune 30, 2018
ARCC Among Top Ten Community Colleges in the Country
CTN StudiosMarch 17, 2017
- Anoka-Ramsey welcomes new STEM dean