College celebrates diversity through Cultural Awareness Day
April 25, 2017
Anoka-Ramsey Community College recently hosted a Cultural Awareness Day, sponsored by the Multicultural Club and the Office of Multiculturalism and Diversity.
The Multicultural Club educated attendees about diverse cultures and encouraged attendees to celebrate the various cultures within the Anoka-Ramsey community.
- an “Islam and Culture” talk by Humanities instructor Dr. Abdul Dardery.
- a performance from Anoka-Ramsey’s World Drumming Ensemble.
- a performance from the Theatre class about Poetry of Guantamo Bay Detention Camp.
- a fundraiser for Somali Famine Relief, announced by the Multicultural Club.
- an ongoing activity board, “Where do you come from?” announced by the U.S. Geography class.
- A video compilation highlighting students’ heritage and culture on campus by the Intercultural Communication class.
"One of the things I enjoyed most about this year's Cultural Awareness Day was the collaboration across so many disciplines in the college,” said Dr. Kristin Doneen, college Philosophy Faculty member and Multicultural Club advisor. “This event really shows how invested our students, faculty and the college are in exchanging cultural awareness across the curriculum.”
For more information about more upcoming diversity events at Anoka-Ramsey, visit: AnokaRamsey.edu/campus-life/diversity-inclusion/
College announces cast for upcoming production of The Boy Friend
December 08, 2017
Math instructor honored with prestigious award at national conference
November 21, 2017
Give a unique piece of art from Anoka-Ramsey’s semi-annual student art sale, Dec. 5 – Dec. 6
November 20, 2017
College welcomes visiting ceramic artist Matthew D. Krousey on Nov. 29
November 15, 2017
Exploradome inflatable planetarium tours at the Coon Rapids Campus on Nov. 16
November 03, 2017
- College announces cast for upcoming production of The Boy Friend
Anoka-Ramsey In The News
Anoka-Ramsey students helping with sanctuary signs
ABC NewspapersNovember 10, 2017
‘Good “N” Plenty’ of laughs at Anoka-Ramsey
ABC NewspapersOctober 21, 2017
Former Minnesota athlete, Richard Coffey, explains ‘The Seasons of Life’
Isanti County NewsOctober 17, 2017
Cambridge Campus welcomes local author
Isanti County NewsOctober 15, 2017
Minnesota State system seeks $243M for buildings
Finance& CommerceSeptember 22, 2017
ARCC Among Top Ten Community Colleges in the Country
CTN StudiosMarch 17, 2017
- Anoka-Ramsey students helping with sanctuary signs