College celebrates diversity through Cultural Awareness Day
April 25, 2017
Anoka-Ramsey Community College recently hosted a Cultural Awareness Day, sponsored by the Multicultural Club and the Office of Multiculturalism and Diversity.
The Multicultural Club educated attendees about diverse cultures and encouraged attendees to celebrate the various cultures within the Anoka-Ramsey community.
- an “Islam and Culture” talk by Humanities instructor Dr. Abdul Dardery.
- a performance from Anoka-Ramsey’s World Drumming Ensemble.
- a performance from the Theatre class about Poetry of Guantamo Bay Detention Camp.
- a fundraiser for Somali Famine Relief, announced by the Multicultural Club.
- an ongoing activity board, “Where do you come from?” announced by the U.S. Geography class.
- A video compilation highlighting students’ heritage and culture on campus by the Intercultural Communication class.
"One of the things I enjoyed most about this year's Cultural Awareness Day was the collaboration across so many disciplines in the college,” said Dr. Kristin Doneen, college Philosophy Faculty member and Multicultural Club advisor. “This event really shows how invested our students, faculty and the college are in exchanging cultural awareness across the curriculum.”
For more information about more upcoming diversity events at Anoka-Ramsey, visit: AnokaRamsey.edu/campus-life/diversity-inclusion/
Anoka-Ramsey receives Recycling Champion Award
May 24, 2018
Anoka-Ramsey Community College announces Dean’s List for spring semester 2018
May 23, 2018
College students receive Workforce Development scholarship
May 15, 2018
Much Ado About Nothing returns for outdoor performances on May 18 and 19
May 08, 2018
Undergraduate Research Celebrated at Anoka-Ramsey Community College
May 08, 2018
- Anoka-Ramsey receives Recycling Champion Award
Anoka-Ramsey In The News
Officially a college graduate
Isanti County NewsMay 20, 2018
SLP Schools expands online course offerings
ABC NewspapersApril 29, 2018
A fabulous Forest
Forest Lake TimesApril 12, 2018
Anoka-Ramsey hosts first composition competition
ABC NewspapersApril 07, 2018
STEM-based opportunities abound for students, employers
St. Cloud TimesMarch 01, 2018
Local projects in Dayton’s public works proposal
ABC NewspaperFebruary 22, 2018
ARCC Among Top Ten Community Colleges in the Country
CTN StudiosMarch 17, 2017
- Officially a college graduate