This two year pilot program provides financial assistance to students enrolled in qualified programs at Anoka-Ramsey Community College, so that students can complete the program within two years or less and find employment in a high demand occupation.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College Qualifying Occupational Programs
Because this program listing is subject to change, students should check with the college to make sure the program is eligible. In order for the student to participate in the pilot program, the student must be admitted into and start the occupational program during fall term 2016.
|A.A.S Degree Programs
|A.S Degree Programs Accounting
Applied Engineering Technology
– Biomedical Design
Computer Networking & Telecommunications
Health Sciences (Broad Field)
Human Resources Associate
Integrative Health and Healing
|Certificate Programs Administrative Specialist
Business Computer Applications
Clinical Research Professional
Computer Help Desk Specialist
Computer Network Security
Integrative Health and Healing
Network Support and Administration
Quality Systems for Biomedical Industry
Small Business Accounting
Student eligibility requirements
To qualify for the grant the student must:
- Be admitted and begin enrollment is a qualifying certificate, diploma, AS or AAS program during the Fall 2016 semester immediately following: High school graduation during the 2015-2016 academic year; or completing an Adult Basic Education program or passing a GED test as a Minnesota resident during the 2015-2016 academic year; or completing a 12 or 24 month AmeriCorps program during the 2015-2016 academic year that started immediately after high school graduation during an earlier academic year.
- Meet the definition of a Minnesota resident used for state financial aid programs
- Have an adjusted gross income (or wages for non-filers) of $90,000 or less for the 2015 tax year. If applying as a dependent student, parental income is used. If applying as an independent student, the student (and spouse's, if married) income is used.
- Participate in free mentoring services throughout the student's academic program.
- Have tuition and fee charges that are not fully covered by Pell Grant and State Grant during fall semester 2016.
The grant will cover any remaining tuition and general fee charges after the Federal Pell Grant and Minnesota State Grant have been applied. Program-specific fees and equipment are not covered. The grant is available for up to 72 semester credits, including any required developmental courses taken after admission to the qualifying program. These funds are a form of financial aid and do not need to be paid back.
How to Apply
We recommend that you
- Apply to Anoka Ramsey Community College
- Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA or for undocumented students, the MN Dream Act Application
- Check student e-mail account and submit any required documents to the college in a timely manner
*Eligible students will be notified and must agree to mentoring services within 14 days of notification.
First Year Grant
A student must receive this grant during the fall term of 2016 in order to take part in the pilot program. The grant will be available for each term of the 2016-2017 academic year, including summer term 2017, provided the student has tuition and fee charges not covered by federal and state grants. The amount of this grant can change each term depending on the student's enrollment level, tuition and fees and the amount of the student's federal and state grants.
A student in a program requiring more than 30 semester credits (including any required developmental courses) must complete at least 30 credits during the 2016-2017 academic year to meet the conditions for grant renewal during the 2017-2018 academic year. Students enrolled in shorter programs must complete their programs during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Second Year Grant Conditions for Renewal
The grant can be renewed for the 2017-2018 academic year if the student meets the following conditions:
- Submits a 2017-2018 FAFSA (or 2017-2018 MN Dream Act state financial aid application for undocumented students) and any other required documents in a timely manner
- Successfully completed at least 30 semester credits during the 2016-2017 academic year, including summer term 2017
- Participated in required free mentoring services during the 2016-2017 academic year
- Making satisfactory academic progress and maintaining a GPA of at least 2.5 at the end of the 2016-2017 academic year and for each term of the 2017-2018 academic year
- Student's college certifies the student is on track to complete the program during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Required Mentoring Services
To support students throughout their academic programs, this pilot program requires recipients to participate in free mentoring services including, but not limited to:
- Communicating with the mentoring service throughout program participation
- Developing a personalized student success plan which includes
- Concrete steps towards program completion and job placement
- Identification of and contingency plans for potential obstacles to completion
- Making connections to on-campus resources and personal development opportunities
- Financial planning
If you have questions about the Minnesota State Two-Year Occupational Grant Pilot Program, please contact Anoka-Ramsey Community College at 763-433-1500 or email@example.com. If you have questions about a particular occupational program, please contact the admissions office at 763-433-1300.