A. Use of Facilities and Services by Staff
The use of institutional facilities, secretarial staff, office equipment and office supplies is prescribed by the guidelines below:
- Reasonable use of facilities with respect to duplication and reproduction of classroom materials is permitted.
- Instructional administrative assistants are available to assist with keyboarding college correspondence, quizzes, exams, reports, running office machines and assembling materials.
- All keyboarding requests should allow three or more days of lead time and must be on clean copy.
- If work is to be done in the Central Services office located on the Coon Rapids Campus, an additional minimum of ten (Cambridge Campus) or three days (Coon Rapids) of lead time is required.
- Final examinations are to be given to the faculty secretary at least one week prior to the first day of final week.
- At Cambridge, non-state work is not allowed.
- At Coon Rapids, these expenses should be reported and paid for by the individual or organization having the work done. All non-state work must be approved by the immediate supervisor who shall determine the costs to be assessed.
Charges for non-institutional communications and documents, however, shall be assessed on a cost/charge basis. Cost/charges shall accrue on communications and documents of more than two pages each. The President or designated authority shall, after consultation with the leadership of the employee organization, determine the assessment.
B. Use of Facilities by Students
- Class day use of rooms and facilities is permitted with staff present and when reserved in advance.
- Non-class day use of rooms and facilities on the Cambridge Campus:
- Use must be requested in advance and have prior approval from the Information Desk.
- To use campus facilities for evening/weekend functions, clubs must submit their request in advance to the Information Desk, must have approval of the club advisor, and must also provide the Information Desk with security personnel information at the time the Facility Use Request is submitted.
- Use must have prior approval and is the responsibility of the appropriate dean.
- Normally, late-night or overnight use will not be granted.
- The instructor or activity director must be present at all times and is responsible for unlocking and locking facilities and securing equipment.
07.2004 Combined Cambridge and Coon Rapids procedure into a single procedure