- Staff members are responsible for their own professional development.
- The President is responsible for coordinating and approving staff development programs funded by the college.
- To maintain high quality programs, services and staff
- To enable individuals whose positions are scheduled to be abolished to acquire background that would qualify for filling positions in other programs and services
- To provide opportunities for individual and group staff development activities
- To develop new programs and teaching methods
Professional Development Days
- Professional development activities should be coordinated with staff assessment/evaluation.
- Staff development should include opportunities for classified and unclassified.
- All staff development activities must be consistent with the respective contracts and college rules.
- All staff development plans should include a variety of the above program options.
- Approval to be absent from an assignment to attend a staff development activity must be approved by the appropriate supervisor.
- Funding requests for individual faculty staff development will go directly to the Faculty Staff Development Committee for review,
- Approved requests for funding must be listed in the College Bulletin prior to reimbursement.
- Faculty staff development programs for groups will be budgeted, planned and conducted by division/programs.
- Classified staff development will be budgeted, planned and conducted by college units.
- Duty days will be scheduled on a "need" basis to accomplish college-wide staff development.
- Institutional travel will be assigned by the President.
- An annual staff development report will be prepared by the Director of Human Resources for inclusion in the Annual Report.