The Associate of Science (AS) in Sales Management degree program is designed to prepare students for entry-level careers in the field while simultaneously priming students for success as they continue their education. This degree offers an introduction to sales theory and concepts along with practical skills necessary to enhance professional performance within sales management roles. Students will experience an application-oriented, real-world focused education through a degree program that provides both a strong foundational business core along with a general education curriculum designed to support student academic and professional success. For assistance in program planning, or to explore additional transfer options, students should schedule a time to meet with an academic advisor. This degree may transfer in part or in its entirety to baccalaureate institutions. Students should meet with a representative of the transfer institution when planning their program.
Some students may need preparatory courses in the areas of English, mathematics or reading. Courses numbered below 1000 will not apply toward this degree.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Understand the elements of sales in a global environment.
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and professional attitudes.
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills.
- Explain the importance of customers and be able to identify their needs.
- Identify the various sales management positions and the roles each one plays in the success of a business.
- Discuss the associated ethical and legal issues within business and industry. Demonstrate an understanding of trends, size, and scope of the medical device industry.
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- Satisfy residency requirements. See page 27 of the Anoka-Ramsey Academic Catalog.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all program requirements.
- Completion of specific degree requirements.
- To receive your diploma, you must apply to graduate.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: Students are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
BUS 1103 Human Relations in the Workplace 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1122 Business Ethics and Social Issues 3 BUS 1124 PowerPoint and Web Conferencing 3 BUS 1145 Customer Service 3 BUS 1149 Professional Selling 3 BUS 1125 Financial Accounting 4 BUS 2142 Principles of Marketing 4 Metropolitan State University courses taught at ARCC:
MKTG 435*+ Sales and Sales Management 4
Complete at least 30 general education credits from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC), including the required courses listed. You must complete at least one course in six of the ten goal areas. One course may satisfy more than one emphasis area, but the course credits may be counted only once. 1. Communication ENGL 1120* OR 1121* 4 2. Critical Thinking 3. Natural Science (one course must include a lab) 4. Mathematical/Logical Reasoning MATH 1114* 4 MATH 1200* 3 5. History/Social/Behavioral Sciences ECON 2205 3 ECON 2206 3 6. Humanities/Fine Art 7. Human Diversity 8. Global Perspective 9. Ethical/Civic Responsibility 10. People and the Environment
Metropolitan State University
B.S. Degree Program - Business Administration
Transfer Guide for selected course requirements
Metro State Foundation Courses Anoka-Ramsey MATH 115 College Algebra I MATH 1200 STAT 202 Statisitics I MATH 1114 ACCT 210 Financial Accounting BUS 2125 ECON 201 Macroeconomics ECON 2205 ECON 202 Microeconomics ECON 2206 MIS 100 Fundamentals of IT in Organizations BUS 1112 Metro State Business Core Courses Anoka-Ramsey MKTG 300 Marketing Principles BUS 2142
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Representative
- Accounting Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Bank Manager
- Claims Adjuster
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Employment and Placement Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Product Analyst
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager