Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
The Emergency Medical Services (EMS) certificate is an 18-credit program through Anoka Technical College designed to prepare students for gainful employment in the field of EMS or to transition to further their EMS education. This certificate can be completed entirely on the Anoka-Ramsey Cambridge Campus or at Anoka Technical College. Students who choose to complete this certificate at the Cambridge Campus will register for the EMED courses through Anoka Technical College, and registration for Medical Terminology and MnTC General Education courses would occur through Anoka-Ramsey Cambridge Campus.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Prepare entry level EMS providers to be employable upon completion
- Provide up-to-date EMS education to all interested parties
- Be a sound, responsible partner to stakeholders in the EMS industry
- Create pathways of transferability to higher level EMS Education Programs
- Manage the finances of the program in a cost-effective, prudent
All Students completing the Emergency Medical program must complete all courses with a grade of a C or higher.
EMED 1113* Emergency Medical Technician 1 4 EMED 1114* Emergency Medical Technician 2 5 BIOL 1102 Medical Terminology 2
BIOL 1106 Principles of Biology I 4 Choose one of the following Communication courses CMST 2220 Interpersonal Communication 3 CMST 2210 Intercultural Communication 3
Technical Requirements 11 MnTC General Education 7 Total 18
Enrollment Services at Anoka Technical College
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.