The Update Meeting provides students currently registered with the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) the opportunity to check-in and review their accommodations. The purpose of this meeting is to formally updated accommodation in preparation for a coming semester, or for students to request changes to accommodations for the current term.
***Students are responsible for scheduling an update meeting with OSD before their accommodations are approved for the coming/current semester.
What to expect
- Plan for a 30-minute meeting via Zoom web meeting, phone call, or in person (limited availability).
- OSD will review accommodations currently on student letter and ask if they are being used, and how they are working
- We will talk about campus resources and connections and address any concerns
How to prepare
- Students DO NOT need to resubmit an Accommodation Request or documentation to update accommodations unless specifically requested by OSD.
- If requesting a new accommodation or significant alteration to the current plan, prepare to communicate with OSD about what the current barriers are and why an adjustment is a needed.
- Students do not need to bring anything to this meeting unless they have updates to share with OSD.
Common Questions about the Update Meeting
How often do I need to update my accommodations?
- Students must updated their accommodations at least once a semester. This must be done before OSD sends letters of accommodation to faculty for the term.
When is the best time to schedule an Update Meeting?
- It’s best to schedule your update meeting sometime after you have registered for the coming semester so we know what you are preparing for. Many students choose to update for the next term, near the end of their current semester.
What if I forget to update my accommodations?
- Students can update accommodations anytime! As soon as you remember, book a meeting with OSD and to get those accommodations in place.
What if I have not updated my accommodations for many semesters (or even years) can I still schedule an update meeting to get them in place?
- Any student who has previously had a letter of accommodation with OSD can schedule a meeting to update. Students do now need to submit a new request.