B.S. in Nursing - Bemidji State University
The RN to baccalaureate program — designed exclusively for ADN and diploma RNs — is a CCNE Accredited program that has a more than 30-year history at Bemidji State University and an 80% graduation rate.
The faculty-student relationship is one of collaboration among colleagues and the program is structured to focus on adult learner needs:
- Prior experience and knowledge are acknowledged, valued, and expanded upon; thus students learn from each other as well as the professors
- Students have a high degree of freedom to make choices and design learning experiences to fit their individual needs and interests
- This online program is designed for working professionals, and to accommodate busy nurses who have jobs and families and who may commute long distances: Full-time and part-time options are available.
- Practical experiences are arranged in a variety of sites as close to the student's home as possible.
- 32-credit program that transfers up to 34 LPN/RN credits directly, as well as all liberal education goal area coursework.
- Start in the fall, spring, or summer.
- No pre-requisites and no statistics course required.
- More information can be found here: https://www.bemidjistate.edu/academics/departments/nursing/programs/rn-to-bs-nursing/
Admission is a two-step process.
Step 1: Apply and be admitted to Bemidji State University as an undergraduate transfer student. Start here: https://www.bemidjistate.edu/admissions/transfer/apply/
Step 2: Apply to the BSU Nursing department and meet all admissions criteria as posted on the web site here: bemidjistate.edu/academics/departments/nursing/apply/rntobs/
Contact Transfer Advisor Bridget Tews with any questions prior to applying. Call 218-755-2602 or email Bridget.Tews@bemidjistate.edu.
This is an online program, and ARCC students are encouraged to meet for the Advanced Health Assessment course three times in the spring semester at the Coon Rapids campus location. The course is otherwise made available fully online for those who are unable to make the meetings.
More information on BSU Nursing can be found here: https://www.bemidjistate.edu/academics/departments/nursing/student-resources/
The RN to BS in Nursing degree program prepares students for all registered nursing positions, nursing leadership, public health nursing, licensed school nurse and for teaching in a licensed practical nursing program.
Possible Career Paths:
- Registered Nursing
- Nursing Leadership
- Public Health Nursing
- Licensed School Nursing
- Teaching Licensed Practical Nursing Programs