Business certificates focus on the development of job- or career-specific skills in a short-term, concentrated format. The Business Generalist certificate program is earned after completion of 16 credits. Many courses may apply toward Associate of Science (AS) and Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees in Business.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Function effectively in a diverse, global business community.
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and professional attitudes.
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ARCC.
- All accounting and computer courses should be completed within the last seven years.
- All courses requirements must be complete before a certificate will be awarded.
- Students must complete a Certificate Application. Certificate Applications are available online, in the Office of Records & Registration, and in the Advising Center. Submit a completed form to the Office of Records & Registration.
- The requirements of this program are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: You are encouraged to contact an academic advisor at 763-433-1230 for course planning assistance and information about transfer credit evaluation and transfer options.
The sequence that follows is suggested for full-time students. Part-time students will need more time to complete this program; many courses are offered in the evening.
BUS 1101 Introduction to Business 3 BUS 1103 Human Relations in the Workplace 3 BUS 1104 Written Business Communications 3 BUS 1112 Computer Concepts and Applications 3 BUS 1125 Financial Accounting 4
Start your degree with a certificate.
*Some occupations may require advanced education
- Account Representative
- Accounting Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- Bank Manager
- Claims Adjuster
- Data Entry Administrator
- Digital and Social Media Specialist
- Employee Training Specialist
- Employment and Placement Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Product Analyst
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Public Relations Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager
Program Requirements 16 Total 16
For continuing education and customized training (non-credit) courses, visit ProWorkTraining.com.