Library Database Access
With Star-ID and password from off campus, library transactions and databases are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
HOW DO I CHECK OUT MATERIALS FROM THE LIBRARIES?
• Anoka-Ramsey Community College ID card (with barcode) is required
• Loan period for most material is typically 21 days; excluding reserve items and interlibrary loan items.
• Two renewals allowed to students
• $5 processing fee for each item 10 or more days overdue
• $35 replacement charge for most items that have been lost or damaged; specific items may have a higher replacement charge.
• $25 fee for Business Office billing process and recovery costs
How Do I Renew Library Material Online?
For students, the libraries will automatically renew circulating materials two times beyond the initial checkout, excluding reserve items and interlibrary loan items, unless another person has requested them. Should you wish to renew them yourself, please:
- From the library website, click the My Library Account button.
- Click the StarID login option.
- At login prompt, use your StarID and password to log in.
- Once logged in, click on the dropdown arrow next to your name (in the top right corner). Click on My Loans. Use the Renew link to renew each item.
- Make note of your next due date.
- If you have questions, please call the library:
Cambridge Campus: 763- 433-1950
Coon Rapids Campus: 763-433-1150
Is the library open to the public?
Yes, while our primary mission is to serve Anoka-Ramsey students and staff, we also serve the community. With proper identification, community patrons who are at least 18 years old may obtain a "community" card and borrow circulating materials.
May periodicals be checked out from the library?
Periodicals may now be checked out from the Coon Rapids Campus Library - 3 weeks for students and 1 semester for faculty and staff.
Will I be fined if my books are overdue?
There is a $5 processing fee for each item ten (10) or more days overdue.
How many items are in the library collection?
The Cambridge Library has approximately 30,000 items, and the Coon Rapids Library has approximately 45,000 items.
Do you have a question not answered here?
If you have additional questions, please call your home library:
Cambridge Campus: 763- 433-1950.
Coon Rapids Campus 763-433-1150.