Anoka-Ramsey Community College re-opens Business and Nursing Building after renovations
August 11, 2022
Anoka-Ramsey Community College re-opened its modernized and renovated Business and Nursing facilities on Thursday, August 11, 2022 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
The 31,150 square-foot renovation provides a state-of-the-art home for our business program, addresses unique learning needs for our nursing program and provides our campus community contemporary academic and social spaces. The event featured remarks from legislators, campus and Minnesota State leadership and students.
“This space will be transformative for our students form many years to come,” Anoka-Ramsey Vice President of Administration and Finance Don Lewis said.
The $16.3 million renovation project was funded through Minnesota State’s 2020 legislative session bonding request providing impact beyond Anoka-Ramsey’s campus. This project would not be possible without the support of local legislators and strength of partnership with Minnesota State.
“This is an exciting day for Anoka-Ramsey Community College, the Twin Cities community and the state of Minnesota. This new space will allow us to provide our students the education they need to become leaders of the future in their industries,” said Kent Hanson, president of Anoka-Ramsey Community College. “Learning environments really do matter.”
Building highlights include:
- Support for Nursing program, the second largest in the state, with updated facilities that accommodate contemporary curriculum, with an emphasis on the importance of simulation (SIM) and skills labs
- Improvements to the quality of teaching and learning for business students with collaborative classroom environments, establishing more hands-on learning spaces and enable the college to expand offerings with our four-year university partners
- Providing entire campus community with flexible learning and gathering spaces
- Contributions to Anoka-Ramsey’s commitment to sustainability, diverting 90 percent of construction waste from landfills, meeting Minnesota’s B3 energy efficiency building standards and exceeding SB 2030 energy goals
Learn more about the project and impacts on our students, community and the state’s workforce here.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College presents art from area high school instructors Nov. 10 through Dec. 9
November 07, 2022
Anoka-Ramsey Community College Theatre Presents: Enchanted April
October 18, 2022
Anoka-Ramsey Community College Two Rivers Reading Series presents author Raki Kopernik Wednesday, October 26, 2022
October 11, 2022
Anoka-Ramsey hosts leaders for listening session and discussion of 2023 Minnesota State legislative session budget request priorities
September 30, 2022
Computer science student continues education through Transfer Pathways
September 19, 2022
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College presents art from area high school instructors Nov. 10 through Dec. 9
Anoka-Ramsey In The News
ARCC Students Staging "Enchanted April"
CTN Coon RapidsOctober 27, 2022
Major Renovation Project Complete at ARCC
CTN Coon RapidsAugust 11, 2022
Prof. Kristen Genet of Anoka-Ramsey Community College: Institutionalizing UG Research.
Alma Matters PodcastAugust 09, 2022
A conversation with Bill Vikander, financial aid director for Anoka-Ramsey Community College
Nice 95.5FM - KBEKJuly 28, 2022
Building Renovation Project Nearly Complete at ARCC
CTN Coon RapidsJuly 12, 2022
Program helps MN colleges break up the ‘stop out’ pattern
Minnesota Spokesman RecorderMay 23, 2022
The Imagine Group Receives First-Ever DE&I Grant from the State of Minnesota
May 23, 2022
Angels among us
Isanti-Chisago County StarMay 20, 2022
A Playbook to Help Colleges Bring Students Across the Degree Finish Line
Diverse Issues in Higher EducationJanuary 17, 2022
- ARCC Students Staging "Enchanted April"