Display this page in a printer-friendly format  Print


Policies and Procedures

Transfer to Anoka-Ramsey Community College

To earn a degree from Anoka-Ramsey Community College, students must earn at least 20 semester credits at Anoka-Ramsey. This is called a "residency requirement". Students transferring in at least 8 semester credits from another MnSCU college or the University of Minnesota may reduce the residency requirement from 20 to 12 credits.

Academic Advisors are available at both campuses to help transfer students understand Anoka-Ramsey Community College degree requirements and interpret DARS (Degree Audit Reporting System). Academic Advisors can also provide unofficial interpretations of transfer credits using Transferology (formerly U.Select) information and assistance with academic petitions.

Have your Official Transcripts Evaluated

Before registering for classes at Anoka-Ramsey Community College, transfer students can use Transferology to see how credits earned at other colleges and universities will unofficially transfer to Anoka-Ramsey. Students may also view equivalencies in Transferology for standardized college level placement exams (CLEP, AP, IB, DSST/Dantes) and military course work.

Students with prior coursework at another college, university, or vocational school who are planning to earn a degree from Anoka-Ramsey Community College should submit official transcripts* from each institution to the Records Office. Have transcripts sent to:

Anoka-Ramsey Community College    
Attn: Records
300 Spirit River Drive S
Cambridge, MN 55008

   Anoka-Ramsey Community College
   Attn: Records
   11200 Mississippi Blvd. NW
   Coon Rapids, MN 55433

*If you have attended a MnSCU system college or university, the Records office at Anoka-Ramsey Community College will retrieve your official transcript for you at no cost. Click here to fill out the MnSCU transcript retrieval form.

Evaluation Process

Your transcripts will be evaluated during your first semester of enrollment at Anoka-Ramsey. If you would like your transcripts officially evaluated prior to your first semester at Anoka-Ramsey, you must follow these steps:

  1. Have your official transcripts sent to Anoka-Ramsey by your former institution (see above).
  2. Once Anoka-Ramsey has received your official transcript(s) you may expedite the official evaluation process by setting up a transcript evaluation appointment with an Academic Advisor by calling 763-433-1230. The evaluation typically takes five (5) to ten (10) business days to prepare, although this process can take longer during peak times.

To learn more about how credits are evaluated, you may read the Minnesota State Colleges and universities transfer policy here.

You may also read the MnSCU Transfer Rights and Responsibilities policy here.

Petition Process

  1. If, after your transcripts have been officially evaluated, you believe that a course should be reconsidered for transfer or competency of a requirement, you may submit a Transfer Course Request. All Transfer Course Requests must be completed with an Academic Advisor. To schedule an appointment, you may call 763-433-1230. This petition will be reviewed by Student Services.
  2. If you are not satisfied by the results of the petition, you may work with an Academic Advisor to provide additional documentation or rationale to support your appeal. This petition will be reviewed by the Academic Dean.
  3. If you are not satisfied by the third appeal results, you may provide written rationale for your final institutional appeal. This petition will be reviewed by the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
  4. If dissatisfied with the results of the petition after three institutional appeals, you may appeal to the  Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs at the MnSCU system office. The MnSCU system-level appeal form is available here (linked at the bottom of the page).

Records & Registration:


Academic Advising:

Quick Stop Advising