Transfer Student Registration
Ready to register for courses?
If you are a student with at least 12 credits from another institution, then your next step is to complete our online Orientation and Registration before you are able to register.
The online Orientation and Registration is designed to give transfer students the most up to date and important information about the college. It will cover college resources as well as important Anoka-Ramsey policies and deadlines. After you take the required quiz at the end of the session, your Orientation hold will be removed within 2 business days, then once registration has opened you will then be able to register online. If you are unsure of the date that registration will open, please check the Registration Dates page, located on the menu on the left of this page.
Online Transfer Orientation and Registration
Before you are allowed access to the Online Transfer Orientation and Registration you must:
1) Be accepted to Anoka-Ramsey and have your Student ID and PIN that were included in your acceptance letter.
2) Ensure that your Official transcripts have been received by the Anoka-Ramsey records office. If you have not done this step, you will not be allowed to take the orientation.
- If you have transfer credits from another MNSCU Institution, please fill out the online transcript request form here: Official MNSCU Transcript Request
- If you have transfer credits from the University of Minnesota, private, or out of state colleges/universities, you must contact that institution and request that they send your official transcript to Anoka-Ramsey Community College. Transcripts can take a few weeks to be received by Anoka-Ramsey after you have requested them from the other institution. To verify that we have received the transcript and that you can proceed to the online Orientation and Registration, please contact our records office at 763-433-1400
3) Contact our orientation staff for access to the online Orientation and Registration by e-mailing
Orientation@anokaramsey.edu with the following information:
- Full name
- Student ID number
- Declared Major/Program
- Phone number
They will verify that you have at least 12 transfer credits and then e-mail you the orientation information within 1 business day. The orientation staff will also submit a request to have your transcripts evaluated.
Please allow 7-10 business days for the evaluation process, then follow the steps under the After the Transcript Evaluation section below.
4) After you complete the online quiz following the Orientation and Registration , your orientation hold will be lifted and you will have access to register online. Again, make sure to check the registration dates on the left to determine what day you can begin to register.
What is needed to complete the Online Transfer Orientation and Registration?
Student ID number and PIN - Included in your Acceptance letter
Once your transcripts are submitted and you have contacted the orientation staff, your transcripts will be evaluated and credits will be applied toward your degree with Anoka-Ramsey Community College. After the 7-10 business days have passed, you may follow the steps outlined below to see how your credits transferred in.
1) Log into your eServices Account by selecting My Course Schedule from the Student home page.
- If you have not activated your Star ID, you may do so at this point by selecting "Activate your Star ID" on the Login popup or by going to the MNSCU Star ID activation page.
2) Once logged in, click on Grades and Transcripts from the menu on the left.
3) Select Interactive Degree Audit Report from the menu on the left.
4) In the center of the screen, you should see your major displayed. If you click on your major, your degree audit report will open in a new window.
If your major is not displayed, or it is incorrect, please updated your major on file by completing the Declare/Change your Major form which can be found Here.
- The degree audit report will give you an overview of your progress toward your desired degree.
- As you scroll down in the report, it will begin to show you how the courses you have previously taken are applying to your current degree with Anoka-Ramsey.
- Red indicates that you still have something left to complete within that area. Green indicates that you have satisfied the requirements within that area.
- For assistance in interpreting your degree audit report, please set up a time with an Academic Advisor by calling 763-433-1230.