Documentation Requirements for Records dept when using GI Bill
Documents that need to be submitted to the Records Department (where the Certifying Official is located):
(*Note: To avoid delays, please provide all important documentation from the start. If you have questions, please contact the Veteran's Services department.)
- Completed Veterans Benefits Certification Form (for internal purposes only)
- Copy, complete with your signature, of your online VA Educational Application. (See form in #1 above for which VA form to complete)
- Copy of your DD-214 Report of Separation/Discharge Papers - (member 4 copy).
Copy of the NOBE - Notice of Basic Eligibility (Contact your unit for a copy).
- Official transcripts from any and all educational institutions you have previously attended.
- Official military transcripts from each branch of service in which you have been a member.
AARTS: Army, National Guard
Community College of the Air Force (CCAF): Active Duty, Guard Reservists
SMART: Navy, Marine
Every Semester notify your campus Veterans Certifying Official in writing of any changes (add, drop or withdraw) to your Program/Major or your courses. Failure to do so may result in a delay of additional benefits and/or repayment of any overpayment.
Your completed file is filed with the VA Records Management Center in St. Louis, MO. A copy is retained at Anoka-Ramsey Community College.