Display this page in a printer-friendly format  Print

Welcome Veterans!

Anoka-Ramsey Community College welcomes military connnected students and their families. Please use this page to learn about the services, programs and staff available to veterans.

It is beneficial to meet with a Veteran Advisor to register for classes, change your schedule, and answer any questions you may have. To schedule an appointment, call 763-433-1390.

If you are using Military Benefits, your certifying official is an important person in your educational career. You MUST contact this person every semester and every time you make changes to your student schedule.

Cambridge Campus Certifying Official:
Crystal Nelson 763-433-1916

Coon Rapids Campus Certifying Official:
Victoria Gartner 763-433-1984

Once you receive your Award Letter from the VA, please verify your VA enrollment here: Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or call 877-823-2378. Ch 30, 1606, 1607 must verify enrollment monthly in order to receive payment. NOTE: This is NOT required for CH 33 benefits.

Consistent with MnSCU Procedure 5.12.1, a student who is a member of any branch of the U.S. military reserves, who is unable to complete a course or courses due to active duty call-up shall be offered the following course cancellation and/or completion options. In all cases, the student is required to provide the college with a copy of his/her call-up papers.  

A student may receive a 100% refund of tuition and fees if called to active duty. A student receiving financial aid who chooses this option is required to repay 100% of grants and loans (not work study) that has been disbursed for the term. An instructor may agree to assign the student an incomplete (an Agreement of Incomplete Form needs to be completed) even though less than 75% of the coursework has been completed. If, in the instructor's judgment, a student has completed sufficient coursework to earn a grade of C or better, the instructor may assign credit (a grade) for completion of a course.  A student who does not find one of the first three options suitable, may withdraw from the course. A withdraw request will be honored even if the withdrawal deadline has passed. Additionally, it's a good idea for financial aid recipients to check in with the Financial Aid Office. They can be reached at 763-433-1500.




Coon Rapids & Cambridge Veterans Services

Brian Wollum

Jeff Pool
Academic Advisor