Anoka-Ramsey Community College offers reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities to help them achieve academic success.
Disability Services provides accommodations for a variety of disabilities including, but not limited to:
(click here for a printable brochure)
* learning disabilities
* hearing loss
* vision loss
* physical disabilities
* psychological disabilities
* attention deficit disorders
* brain injuries
* autism spectrum disorders
* cognitive disabilities
* intellectual disabilities
* other health related disabilities
Here are some examples of accommodations:
* Testing-extra time, quiet room
* Early registration
* Assistive technology
* Assistive facilities (chairs, desks, etc.)
These are just a few examples. Accommodations are determined on an individual basis during conversations between the student and Coordinator of Disability Services and a review of documentation.
Setting up Accommodations
* Recent documentation is considered when documentation was updated at 18 years of age or older or within the last 3 years and shows an adult level of functioning.
- Documentation must include:
* How diagnosis constitutes a disability
* Impairment of major life activities
* Functional limitations
* Temporary or permanent disability
*Note: You need to update your accommodation letter EVERY semester.
- Once documentation is reviewed by the Coordinator of Disability Services, you will be contacted for an intake appointment
- You will leave the intake appointment with letters to provide your instructors of your approved accommodations for the semester*
MnSCU Policy Statement
Metro Mobility http://www.metrocouncil.org/transportation/MetroMobility/index.htm
Testing Services http://www.anokaramsey.edu/resources/Testing.aspx